Friday, November 20, 2009

Voice to Spirit Concert!


This is my son, Mackenzie, and his gorgeous wife, Brittany. They have created a musical group together called Voice to Spirit. They perform electronica worship music and they are really, really good! She sings and writes songs and he plays all the instruments, sings and writes songs. They are so talented and I am so very proud of them!
A few weeks ago they had a concert and my family attended. I took pictures of us "with the band" before the concert! We know people in high places! LOL! Here's my Dad and Hayden standing with them.
And here's my Dad and me standing with them. My hubby, Eric, was there too and also our other sons, Cameron and Grayson, but I didn't get pictures of them. :0(
My sisters and their kids showed up too!
They did such a great job!
They sang many songs from their first album........
.....and sang a few new songs, which were soooo good!
I wish you could hear them, the music is so amazing and Brittany's voice is so beautiful.
I am so proud of my kids because they are using their talents to bless the Lord and to minister to people. This is an answer to Mackenzie's prayers. He has been interested in creating music since he was in middle school and it is so neat that the Lord brought him a wife who is so musically talented and that they create it together and perform together!!!

"Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty expanse. Praise Him for His mighty deeds; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. Praise Him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with harp and lyre. Praise Him with timbrel and dancing; Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe. Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!" Psalm 150

Love, Sharon

P.S. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I am feeling better and getting back into my routine. You are all so sweet and kind. I would like to come and visit all of you this weekend.

As far as my blog being slow, I think it must be because I have nearly 800 posts. I think I need to open up a second blog and will be looking into that soon. I will probably call it Rose of Sharon II or Roses of Sharon.......do you guys have any good suggestions?

8 comments:

jAne said...

Oh how proud you must be. :o) Is there a link to listening to a few selections of their cd ... with the chance of purchasing it?

jAne * tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Sharon, I love following your blog. You seem like family to me. I would also, some day, love to go to one of Mckenzie and Brittney's concerts. That would be so cool. Pam

Kathi said...

I love hearing them sing and I am so happy for you to have God fearing sons and now a God fearing daughter in law. Love you, Kathi

Amy said...

I would love to hear a sample. My husband and I are musicians and love hearing other talent out there. Though we don't have a CD. Maybe we should make one! :)

Heather said...

how fun! i've heard some of their music on itunes. Brittany posted about it a couple weeks ago. i bet the concert was fun!

Elena said...

That is so awesome! How wonderful to have kids that are so talented and love the Lord. What a wonderful blessing. Your blog is loading just fine now. It was slow for a couple of weeks but when I opened it just now it loaded up right away. There is another gals blog that was doing the same thing and she didn't have that many posts. So, I don't know what causes it. Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Elena

Sondra said...

How neat that they had a concert. I know you are so proud that they are doing what they love and doing it for God. I still listen to their CD. The music is so unique and beautiful.
About your blog- when I log on to it, it does take a few minutes to load but it always does come up. I just have to be patient :)

Kathi said...

Sharon, I know you will come up with your own name for you new blog and maybe it will be Rose of Sharon May 2, but this is from the Bible and rattled off my tongue:
"Rose of Sharon ~ Lily of the Valley"

Since you live in a Valley I thought it might be cute, but you will have the final say and that one may be taken as it is well known. I love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...