Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday dinner with my Mom and Dad

I wanted to share one more of our Sunday dinner's with you. A few weeks ago we had my parents over for a big Sunday dinner with the family. Here's the table all set and ready for company. I set the table for a fall cozy dinner with gold chargers and placed brown and moss green transferware china on top of them. I used my amber stemware and serving dishes. I think the amber glass looks so pretty with the transferware dishes. I used burgundy linen napkins and placed them in my new metal leaf napkin rings. I will be sharing more about the napkin rings later this week.
My Mom and I were sitting out on the back porch watching the boys play on trampoline. This was a special day because we don't get together with my parents that often. My mother's health has declined and she does not often feel up to going to gatherings. I was glad that she came on this day. My mother has been very good to me and she has taught me very much. We used to spend a lot of time together and I miss her. I love my Mom!
Mackenzie and Brittany came over too. Brittany is so sweet to my mother!
Here's all the guys visiting on the back deck. My father is on the far left and he is so proud of all of his grandsons!
We had a nice dinner. I made a good stick to your ribs casserole made of pork chops, stuffing and apple pie filing. I will share the recipe with you in a few days. We had lemon pudding cheesecake for dessert!
I love it when we can all get together for a meal.
We had a lovely meal and a nice evening together. When you put a little effort into it and just simply make the plans, they will come!

I am going to be taking a few days off from blogging, but I have written a few posts this week that are scheduled to be published. I hope that all of you have a wonderful week!

"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to the strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." II Chronicles 16:9

Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

What a lovely family you have. And you always have such lovely dinners! Hugs!

Connie said...

Pass that cheesecake, sugar!! LOL You have lovely parents and that hunk of a husband is pleasing to the eye also!! LOL But your boys are adorable...I'm betting they'll cringe at that description. ;-)
xoxo,
Connie

Walking on Sunshine... said...

A beautiful family!! Great table setting. Enjoy your little break!!!

Kathi said...

What a nice family dinner, Sharon. Everything looks so lovely. I'm glad you had Mom and Dad over. We need to do that too. Love you, Kathi

Amy said...

I can't wait until you post that recipe. That sounds so yummy.

What a wonderful day you had with your parents and all of your boys and daughter-in-law. Your table looked beautiful.

Enjoy your few days off.
Amy

Jocelyn said...

I really would love those recipes!

The whole meal sounds fabulous!

It's amazing how much Gray and Hayden look alike!

Farrah said...

I love your plates!

Anonymous said...

Your family day sounds wonderful! I am sorry to hear of your mother's health...it is so hard to see our parents get older..I will remember your mother in my prayers..
Brenna..

linda said...

...make the plans, and they will come. So true Sharon! As moms, we should make the effort and the plans regularly. You are a wonderful example of this and an inspiration for all of us.

Your Sunday dinners look wonderful...and memorable!

Heather said...

you're so blessed to have such a wonderful family to share dinners with. i wish we had that. nathan & i both come from small families and everyone is spread out all over so there's not a lot of people nearby. my parents are nearby but busy with their own lives so we don't have any nice traditions like this. just holidays :)

Lady Farmer said...

It is always such a blessing to get together with those we love the most!
It was fun to see your lovely porch featured on Rachel's blog! You always decorate things so nicely, Sharon!
Enjoy your little blog vacation. Hope you come back refreshed.
Blessings!

Elena said...

Sharon what a lovely dinner. Your family is very blessed to have you!

Linda said...

Sharon...your table looks so pretty and dinner sounds so good.....what a wonderful family gathering...hugs, Linda

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

A beautiful table...and a beautiful family. You are look so happy and contented...makes me smile!
I saw your porch and it is just so cozy and inviting! Cute idea's! Thank you for sharing them....and this family dinner. GREAT post!
I shall return!
Mona

Anonymous said...

Your mom is a true beauty - just like you! What wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing.:)
Jayne

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon...I know it's been awhile since I popped over but I wanted to let you know that I am featuring some giveaways on my blog if you'd like to hop on over and enter!

Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...