Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pork chop, stuffing & apple casserole

Here's the recipe of the good old fashioned home cook dinner that I made for my parents the other night. It's easy, economical and delicious!
It's called Pork chop, stuffing and apple pie filling casserole. My sister Kathi found this recipe for me. My family loves it!
I doubled the recipe to feed nine people. I used two boxes of stuffing mix...
...three cans of apple pie filing...
...and a large tray of pork chops. First you need to brown the pork chops...
...and make the stuffing according to the directions on the box.
Spread the apple pie filing in the bottom of a greased 13x9 casserole dish.
Lay the browned pork chops on top of the apples.
Then spread the stuffing on top of the meat. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Delicious! They will gobble it all up!!!

"I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

Have a wonderful day!!!

In Him ~ Sharon

11 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

This sounds wonderful...something my hubby would LOVE. Thanks for sharing.

Lady Farmer said...

Thanks, Sharon, for the recipe! And what a fun pic at the end!
Blessings!

luvmy4sons said...

You are such the good cook! Thanks for passing on your wonderful recipes!

oatbread said...

that looks so yummy , will be on my list of recipes to try . Donna

Heather said...

oh yes, i've made something similar to that. so tasty! love the picture of your son eating, LOL.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm glad you liked that recipe. I completely forgot about it. I think I originally found it in Taste of Home Magazine. Looks very yummy. Kathi

It's Jan! said...

My guys are going to LOVE this one! Three of their favorite things. I think I'll try it over the weekend. I'll let you know how it went.

Jan

It's Jan! said...

My guys are going to LOVE this one! Three of their favorite things. I think I'll try it over the weekend. I'll let you know how it went.

Jan

Beth said...

We made this last night and it was wonderful! Thanks so much for the recipe!
Beth

Sondra said...

I am going to have to try this one. Looks great and a different way to to make pork.

jAne said...

Oh. Yum. !

I need to try this. :o)

jAne * tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...