Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Brittany's 23rd birthday!

A few weeks ago we celebrated my daughter-in-love's 23rd birthday! She requested homemade potato soup, green salad, rolls and a yummy chocolate cake for dessert.
The potato cheese soup doesn't look that good in this picture, but it was delicious! It was a big hit with the family too! All the boys had seconds. I made it in the crockpot and it worked out wonderfully!
Here's the recipe! Yummy!
Here's the table. Brittany gets the "You Are Special Today" plate.
I used my beautiful soup tureen that I found at Goodwill many, many years ago.
Time to open presents! After I uploaded all these pictures, I saw something funny.....Mackenzie is in the background of all of these pictures looking silly!
Mmmm, Brittany is sniffing a wonderfully scented candle she got. There's Mackenzie again!
Time to make a wish! This is such a delicious cake, click here for the recipe. It's chocolate cake with caramel sauce, sweetened condensed milk, Cool Whip and smashed Heath bars on top! Oh my goodness was it delicious!
Oops.....there's Mackenzie again! He's such a nut! Brittany says that's what she loves about him, his sense of humor! I am so thankful for my sweet, beautiful daughter-in-law, God has answered all my prayers with her!!! We had a great evening and she had a wonderful birthday! I hope all of her wishes come true!

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with your entire being and with all your might." Deuteronomy 6: 5

Love, Sharon

P.S. Thank you for your kind words of support on my last post. I give God all the glory for the victory!!!

18 comments:

Farrah said...

Looks like y'all had fun! I've had that cake and it is delicious! Take care friend.

gin said...

Happy Birthday to her! What a great family time. Our youngest turned 24 last week. Birthdays are always fun!!

grey like snuffie said...

I'll have to try the cake for the office crew...I'm making potato soup today for the first time...wondering about your recipe...hoping mine comes out good. My mother in law is hungry for some...hope it hits the spot for her...there are so many recipes out there.

Brenda Eason said...

Sharon,will you be my mommy for a week? I know I know we are to close in age =( maybe a big sister? You are such a blessing and how blessed she is to have you as a mom now.
Everything looked beautiful.

Where My Treasure Is said...

It looks like Brittany had a great bday celebration! You know how to throw a party!
..oh, and I've GOT to try that cake! Yummy!!

shamrock fields said...

Happy Birthday to Brittany!!! How sweet of you to make her dinner and the delicious cake!!!
Blessings-
Molly
PS-Love the table setting!!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a beautiful table and wonderful food. Brittany is such a sweet girl and Mackenzie is so funny. It looks like you were all having a fun time together. I love looking at your photos. Love, Kathi

Tanza said...

Hi Sharon,
Sooo very sweet, that you have such a beautiful,adoring DIL .. See... how blessed ... that soup sounds delicious ..I could soo eat soup every night for dinner !! It's perfect !! And, that cake, I make that alot !! We love it, it sounds soo rich, BUT, it really isn't .. you just need an ice cold glass of milk with it !! YUMMERS !! Hoping you are feeling blessed today, and that your heart is happy !! God is sooo Good ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Heather said...

Now that's my kind of birthday party! And my kind of birthday cake! lol.
looks like a wonderful evening :)

ellen b. said...

What a beautiful table you set for your DIL's birthday dinner. I'm sure she appreciated it. It is such a gift from God to have a wonderful DIL. We thank God for ours as well. It's also great to enjoy a nut in the family...
Blessings..

Anonymous said...

Oh that all looks yummy Sharon! Love the table setting! And your son is funny! Happy Birthday to beautiful Brittany! Lilly

Elena said...

Happy Birthday Brittany! Your table was just beautiful Sharon. Good job!

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hi Sharon,
It is so funny to me how many times my family and your family have birthdays on the same day. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine. I think it is about to dissappear for a while. At least until trees are all harvested. Tata for now, Pam

Anonymous said...

Everything looked so pretty
the table setting the food.
Thanks for letting u be a part of Brittanys B-day
Pamela
NE OH

Brittany said...

I sure DID appreciate it! :) Thanks you so much, Sharon for making me that wonderful dinner! I love you and the times we get to spend together!

Sharon said...

Thank you Lilly! We had such a fun night. Brittany is a true blessing!

Sharon said...

Hi Pam,

Thank you! We had a great time. It's neat to see my son so happy with his new wife and that she fits so well into our family! One down, three to go! :0)

Mardell said...

Happy 23rd birthday to Brittany! Oh my...to be 23 again. (Sigh.) I was pregnant for the 1st time at that age (21 yrs. ago.) :o)

I'm so happy that Brittany is blogging again! Looks like it was a great celebration with lots of fun mixed in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...