Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The ultimate man chair!

Can you see Eric's "garage" chair there on the left side of the picture?
Here is it is a bit closer. He's had this chair out in the garage for many years. It has been spray painted on, used as a surface to hold wood to saw on, used to hold wet coats, wet boots, wet towels, used as a sturdy surface to put a vice grip on, used to stand on to get in the cabinets and oh ya, used to sit on to watch football on man days out in the man cave.
Well, it finally had enough wear and tear and the back of it broke off. Grayson was actually the one who finally broke the camels back and he felt bad, so with the help of his partner in crime, Garrett, they revamped the stool for Eric! With these two inventors, it was not going to be any "normal fix" it would be an inventive one! Above is a picture of them standing next to Grayson's go-kart that's he's been making in the garage over the past year.
Check out the new stool! It is an old car seat that Grayson bought for the go-kart, but did not use. They bolted it to the base of the stool! It cracks me up! I swear, if they could motorize this puppy, they would!!! LOL!
It looks like something right from that old TV show "Home Improvement" with Tim Allen! At least he's comfortable and it didn't cost a dime! Gotta love it! Every time we look at it we crack up! Never a dull moment!!!

"But as for me, I will come into Your temple protected by Your mercy and Your love; I will worship You with deepest awe." Psalm 5:7

Hugs, Sharon

12 comments:

grey like snuffie said...

That is great...very creative...amazing that old base can hold such a new and improved BIG seat.

Connie said...

CUUUUUTE, sugar! Yep, definitely a "man's thing"!!! LOL
xoxo,
Connie

Linda said...

How neat and so comfy too....love it!

Grayson's go-cart is awesome....have a happy day. Linda

Jocelyn said...

that is awesome!

I bought Shawn a new stool a few years ago ! I love how Eric is propped up watching his TV! Shawn has a tiny tiny Tv out there he watches that was his grandpas B/W he watched when in his workshop

Heather said...

that's awesome! i bet Eric likes it much better now. more comfy!

linda said...

Sooo cute! You gotta give those boys credit, they sure came through!

Kim said...

LOL, I hope my husband doesn't see it....he will want one for himself. Great job and great idea.
Take care,
Kim

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
I love the "Man Chair" repair--I had to laugh because it looks so much like something my husband would do--I'm going to have to show this to him when he comes in from his workshop! Thank you for your sweet comment--I wish we lived closer as well! Glad you all survived Homecoming! It was windy the night of the football game, and the balloon arch for the court blew across the football field! It was pretty funny! A bunch of guys chased after it and caught it before it went into the parking lot! You gotta love high school:)
Blessings-
Molly

Kathi said...

Sharon, Your whole family is cute and funny. I love what your boys come up with and how Eric appreciates it. Fun post. Love you, Kathi

Brenda Eason said...

Now that is comfort for sure. What a great job they did. I do worry about them climbing in this one lol.

Tanza said...

Hi Sharon,
Thanks soo much for stopping by, and leaving sweet words .. I LoVe your post, and the meaning behind it to your heart .. amazing !! God is soo good my friend, and HE is FAITHFUL !! It's soo hard as Mommas that we want to make everything just right for our babies .. I too, need to always remember to pray for each of my children, than, step back, and have faith that God will do what HE desires for us !! So easy to say, but, I've learned this over and over again ... when they are going through trials, or the unknown, I also encourage them to pray for what is BeSt, and than when God answers, we always are so thrilled that our prayers were heard !! What a testimony and wonderful Mother you are to your boys !! So many of your posts bring tears to my heart, but, knowing you are the Godly woman you are, truly encourages me to press on !! We as Christian mothers and wives need to encourage one another, especially in this turbulent world we live in now !! Keep being you, and blessings for a sweet day ~
hugs ~tea~xo

Sunflower Farm said...

love it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...