Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A sweet promise.........

We had a little bit of excitement around here! Grayson saved up his money this summer and bought his girlfriend, Rachelle, a very special gift! He bought her a promise ring! They are high school sweethearts and have been together for a year and a half.
Isn't it pretty! I thought he did a great job of picking it out! I know, I know, it does look a little bit like an engagement ring, but it's not! It's a going steady ring or a promise ring. It symbolizes that he has promised his heart to her and she has promised her heart to him. It also is a promise of purity too, to stay pure, so it is a purity ring as well.
She was sooooo excited to get it! This is the first time I saw her with it on. She was so cute when she showed it to me, she was beaming!
It is such a beautiful ring and it looks so pretty on her finger!
Eric and I are very happy for them both! We love Rachelle and feel that she is such a great person for Grayson. They are still very young and have a lot ahead of them, but they are so sweet together. You never know, they could go the distance, Eric and I did! Eric and I were high school sweethearts too! I was just 16 and he was 17 when we met! Now we've been married for 27 years and together for 31! We feel really good about Grayson and Rachelle. They have a really healthy happy relationship. I like it because they spend lots of time together, but also lots of time with their friends. He spends a lot of time at her house and she spends a lot of time here. It is a very balanced and happy relationship and they have really good chemistry! I am especially happy because the Lord is the center of their relationship! They have a great start together, we will see where it goes!!!

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself grant you His peace at all times and in all ways. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thessalonians 3: 16

Love, Sharon

19 comments:

Beth said...

How sweet of your son to buy her a ring with his money. It looks like they are really happy together, many blessing to them!

Avalon76 said...

Aww, that's wonderful! Congrats to them both!

Jen ^_^

grey like snuffie said...

Happy Dancin!!!!!

Elena said...

That is so sweet! What a beautiful ring!

Sondra said...

So sweet! I think it is so great that he has found such a wonderful girl. Such a pretty ring he picked out too ;)

Carol said...

What a beautiful ring! Congrats to the happy couple!

shamrock fields said...

Wow!!! That is sooo sweet. I pray every day that my girls will find sweet guys, and enjoy a sweet relationship. They have both been pretty hurt lately, and I fear their discouragement will cloud things for them. However, I keep reminding them that God knows the perfect timing. It is nice to know that there are such great Christian young people out there --your children are beautiful examples and role models!!! Blessings-
Molly

Rosemary said...

thats so sweet! They are cute together :)

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon,
What a beautiful ring Grayson gave to Rachelle! You are right in saying that these young relationships can work out and go the distance. I met my husband when I was 14! We were always a couple thru school. We also spent time with both of our families. I fell in love with him the day I started talking to him in math class. He was very respectful and mature at 14. We ended up getting married at 20 me and 21 him. We had our 37th anniversary last June! So see, sometimes people are just meant to be together! Good luck to Rachelle and Grayson. They look very much in love!
Take care,

Hugs,
Darlene

Heather said...

Aww! how sweet! it's very pretty. What mature and responsible kids they are. It's such a nice change from how most kids are today.

Michelle said...

Oh my, what a beautiful ring! They are so sweet together!

susan said...

Hi Sharon, I haven't "read" in a while but got caught up tonight. You and all your family are so blessed to have each other and be so close not only in your relationships but in distance, too.
I am a few years older than you and I tire easily--I even get tired reading what all you do for yourself and your family!! I do hope and pray your energy will return even greater than before. You are such an inspiration to all who read. I pray for God to continue to use you for spreading His love in a unique way!!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Very sweet! Love the ring!

Mardell said...

That is sooooo sweet!! They certainly make a lovely couple. The ring is perfect on her slender finger...he has great taste all around. How is he doing w/his lineman job? Hopefully well!
Have a great day. :o)

Mrs. FSG said...

Congratulations to Grayson and Rachelle! You're such a proud Mama and it's awesome. I hope they can last like you and Eric.

Kathi said...

Oh this is so wonderful and sweet. I think they are such a cute couple. She'd fit right in the family. Love you, Kathi

Sharon said...

Thank you Darlene for your sweet comment! I do believe in young love! :0)

Sharon said...

Thank you Susan for stopping by! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. I clicked on your name and could not get into your blog. I tried several times, but couldn't. I hope you have a great weekend!

:0) Sharon

jAne said...

When our Lizzie turned 17 she received a promise/purity ring from her sweetheart. Two and a half years later they're engaged, set to marry on May 29. We're delighted!

So yes, it can happen - and most likely *will*. :o)

jAne at tickleberry farm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...