Friday, October 2, 2009

Hayden's baptism......

What a wonderful day we had! A true day to celebrate. Hayden made a decision to publicly confess his love for Christ and be baptized in water. We started our morning at church and we heard a great message. I love going to church with my whole family, it is so great to see all my kids there and we can sing songs of worship together and listen to God's word together. We take up a whole row!!!
After the service we all headed to the river for the baptism!
My father, Hayden's Grandpa Leonard, was able to make it.
And so were Eric's parents, Hayden's Grandma Alice and Grandpa Jim.
Hayden's Aunt Kathi and Cousin Jessica came to watch too. Here they are standing with Grayson and Cameron.
I'm so proud that Hayden has made this decision to get baptized. We have been talking about it for some time and we did an in depth study about baptism and what it means prior to this event.
Mackenzie and Brittany were helping with the worship during the baptism.
It turned out to be an overcast day, but warm. The water was pretty warm too. Eric got down in the water too.
I really like it that Eric did this; he was in the water helping with all four of our son's baptism. It means so much to Eric and I know it meant a lot to Hayden and to me!
Pastor Danny was praying with Hayden and Eric.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
I love the look on Hayden's face and on Eric's face.
What a special day for us!
I love this picture of Hayden! I love how he is hugging his Dad. He's so very happy and full of joy. It warms my heart. I am so happy that he loves the Lord and made this public decision to follow Him and serve Him.

"Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38

In Him, Sharon

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Hayden! What amazing pictures you got! This is something he will remember his whole life. Thanks for sharing! Have a good weekend!

Barbara in Seattle

luvmy4sons said...

So awesome. The most wonderful mom moment ever! Blessings and hugs!

Elena said...

That is so awesome. How great to be baptized in the river! What a wonderful decision for your son!

Jocelyn said...

Congrats to Hayden, what great photos you have to to remember the day with!

Kathi said...

I'm so proud of Hayden too. It's wonderful that he loves the Lord and wants the world do know. That was a special day. Love ya and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. I'm bringing sweet treats from a Mennonite bakery and farm fresh eggs. Kathi

Rebecca said...

OMGOSH...I in tears. Longing for the day I will see my Son-shine do the same.

Blessings to you girly...I know you are so proud.

Love, Rebecca

Kim said...

I love the looks on Eric and Hayden's faces. You see the love and the joy that only comes from giving your life to Jesus. My husband and I were batptized together and it was a wonderful moment for us as husband and wife. Please congratulate Hayden for me and tell him that sharing this special event with us has made my day much brighter! Also, Happy Belated Birthday! You looooook marvelous!
Lots of love to you all,
Kim

Heather said...

i'm so glad you posted these pictures. i'm so happy for him. what a wonderful blessed event.

Sondra said...

What a wonderful joy for all of you! How happy you must be about his decision! I love that it was done in the river too :) I was baptized in a river. Something very special about that. Super great picture you got there at the end. And tell Brittany I love her cute hair cut :)

Michelle said...

How wonderful for Hayden and what a special day indeed for all of you! The pictures were awesome :)

Hope you have a great weekend, Sharon!

xo :)
~Michelle

Dana said...

Thats so neat, thanks for sharing and thanks for the kind words you left me today

Brenda Eason said...

Oh Sharon this brings joy to my heart. I love when they baptize in a creek.
The last photo is priceless
Thanks for your prayers. No blood transfusion for me,=)

Anonymous said...

I don't even know you guys and it made me cry!! God bless you, keep you and shine his face upon your whole family!!:):)

Beautiful pear tree lane said...

Hi Sharon,
I am trying to write this comment through much tears of joy, There are not enough words to explain these pictures of your family joining Hayden on this most blessed occasion! I especially loved the fact that your husband is in the water with him, You and your family are such an inspiration to us all here in blogland. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this most blessed day.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions to Hayden! Sharon, of all the pictures you've shown of Hayden--the last picture on this post is just precious! And so VERY happy! It's a father and son moment that just got me all choked up! What a super Mom you are. Truly there is nothing more important to you than your family and God! Shine on! Lilly

Mardell said...

I'm in tears too! Wow. It almost felt like I was there. Congrats to Hayden. What a special time in his life. Great photos Sharon. Love the last one, especially.

Is your mom OK? I pray that she is. Your dad looks great. :o)

God bless & hugs,
Mardell

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Sharon, sweetie reading this post honestly made me cry, it's just such a beautiful thing that Hayden has done! Congratulations Hayden! Have a wonderful weekend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, That is AWESOME!!!!I love the photo that someone took with Hayden and Eric in the water and everyone there on the bank looking down and you have your camera taking a picture! Neat stuff. It is wonderful to see families worship together. Many families are separated by miles and miles!
xo rachel
P.S. I emailed you!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You must be so proud and full of joy. Baptisms always move me to tears. Thank you for sharing your son's.

shamrock fields said...

Sharon--
What beautiful photos of such an awesome day! How neat that your husband was able to participate as well! Blessings-
Molly

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures of such a blessed occasion. Acts 2:38 has been a scripture prayer for my children, too. Congratulations.

Where My Treasure Is said...

I loved seeing all the pictures!! I got teary-eyed looking through them! What a wonderful time for Hayden and your whole family! =)

Brandy said...

Thats so good! All three of mine got baptized last month! What a blessing

Heather said...

Hello again! Here is the recipe for the french toast you were asking about. http://www.recipegirl.com/2009/09/12/pumpkin-french-toast-with-crunchy-cinnamon-crust/
Definitely worth trying!

Sharon said...

Dear Barbara, Lily and Anonymous, thank you so much for leaving your comments. We had such a great day and it was so emotional and moving for me to see my son get baptized! It's really wonderful.

Hope you all have great days!
Sharon

Sunflower Farm said...

I really enjoyed reading this. It made me smile!

Kelly said...

Beautiful! To God be the Glory!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...