Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fall decorations.......

Fall has come to our home and there are little signs all over the place! The day I decorated it took me sooooo long! Not because I have so much junk, but I had the flu and I didn't know it! I thought I felt feverish and I should have listened to my body, but instead I kept plugging away. I kept thinking to myself, why is this so hard, why is it taking so loooonnnggg??? Well, I soon found out. Oh well, I'm glad I got it done! Here's a little display in the entry way. I set a faux pumpkin on some old books and placed some vintage ceramic pheasants near by. The pretty pillar candle was given to me last year for Christmas from my son Grayson. I've been waiting all year to light it!
Here's a little scarecrow tucked in a nook with some fabric pumpkins.
I placed this vintage squirrel planter next to an orange enamelware colander filled with fall potpourri on the living room coffee table.
I love this little guy's face! His hand is pretty cute too!
Here's a view of the whole coffee table. I like how our living room looks at night with the cozy lights and candles. Do you ever walk through your house and just feel like you like it so much? I do that a lot. I really do love our cozy little home!
Here's the fireplace. I wish there was a fire in it, but not on this night!
I found this cute ceramic pumpkin at Wal-Mart last year on clearance.
I dressied up our mantle with fall garland.
The garland is actually leaves and I tucked in some silk sunflowers.
I also found a strand of some beautiful mustard and orange glass beads mixed neat silk covered styrofoam balls and I wove them into my display.
I think it's actually vintage Christmas garland, but I thought the colors were more appropriate for fall!
In the dinning room I changed out the tablecloth for a fall colored floral cloth. It instantly changed the whole room!
I placed a cornucopia filled with silk flowers and faux veggies in the center. I found this at Goodwill a few years ago; if I remember correctly I paid $4.99 for it, which is such a great deal! I have two wood candlesticks with amber colored votive holders. I am on the hunt for larger wooden candlesticks as I feel this are a bit small for this display.
I set these cute little patterned squirrels next to the cornucopia. I love these little guys!
Moving into the kitchen.......you can see that I added some fall touches on my little bookshelf.
I simply filled an antique basket with pine cones and set some fall candles near by.
I love this little squirrel. He is a new find since last fall and I'm so tickled to have him!
In the family room I placed a cute vintage looking squirrel picture on the end table along with with this fabulous cast iron pot. I found the pot at Goodwill two years ago and I was so excited when I found it. I love the acorn and leaf pattern on top. I filled it with pine cones and added a little votive candle. Oops, don't eat any of that candy in the crystal candy dish!!!!! It's old left over candy from Christmas! Yuck! I guess I forgot! Just to let you know though that since I took these pictures I have purchased new fall candies and placed them in there!
Here's my little fall rag swag that I made many years ago. I still really enjoy it.
I put this cute little scarecrow along with some old crows on top of the computer desk. I guess he's not doing his job at scaring those crows! LOL!
I found this pretty fall looking mini wreath and placed it on top of an old brown glass jar. I love how the candle light looks through the brown glass, it is so soft and warm looking! This little display is on top of the refrigerator.
Last but not least is my fall kitchen windowsill display.
I mixed some fabric pumpkins along with a variety of different squirrels to make a cute fall display.
I found the wonderful orange, black and white fall picture out of a a vintage children's book. I framed it in an old black frame. This is one of my favorite fall decorations! I also love this cute little squirrel and this wooden acorn. I just like to mix and match all my favorite fall things. It seems like every year it always turns out a bit different. Sometime next week I'll bring out my Halloween decorations.

Fall is in full swing here in Oregon. Today it was raining cats and dogs. We've also had our share of the gorgeous sunny afternoons mixed with crisp, cool, foggy mornings. I love fall!!! Tomorrow I'll be sharing my outside fall decorations.

"Thy word I have hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee." Psalm 119:11

Have a happy day!

Hugs, Sharon

20 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful, just beautiful and VERY romantic and we all know how I feel about romance, chick!!!
xoxo,
Connie

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon! Your decorating style always amazes me!! I LOVE it!! :o) I've thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful tour of your home. You take wonderful pictures, too. Everything is so warm & inviting. I'd never want to leave my house if it looked that good! Funny about the old Christmas candy...ha ha. I needed that chuckle this morning. Looking forward to seeing your outdoor decs. Have a wonderful day!

Hugs ~

Diva Kreszl said...

Everything looks just lovely, cozy and warm! Hope you're feeling better real soon!

Desires of the Heart said...

Hi Sharon, WOW!! What a great and wonderful job you did with your decorations!! and having the flu on top of it! I'm impressed. It looks so warm and inviting. I have that same tablecloth and love it. Hope you are feeling much better. Have a great day, Linda

Liz said...

Hi Sharon! I saw your comment on Pam's (Grey Like Snuffie) post today...popped over here to check things out. (I liked your profile photo with your hair in your face!) I am glad that I did! Love your blog and feel totally inspired to go home (I am at work, sshhh) and decorate more for fall! (I am normally a minimalist - but I do have the same Walmart pumpkin; what a find!)
I will certainly come back and visit you!

luvmy4sons said...

Your house is always so lovely. I love the little squirrel! Blessings!

blushing rose said...

Favorite is the little framed art of the children, must be vintage from the looks of the artwork. Everything is very nice. Get better soon.

MD. is now getting your storms that are shoving across the nation ... had sleet last night, very early for us here & more like Dec. cold weather.

May your day be full & warm ... TTFN ~Marydon

jAne said...

What a welcoming set of pictures, Sharon. With each display I chose a favorite item but I think my favoritest (that is *not* a word but I like it!) is the squirrel salt and pepper set. So cute. :o)

jAne at tickleberry farm

p.s. I've done no fall decorating. None. I've got everything boxed up to have our wood floors put down and then the guy has to reschedule for a few more weeks out. arghgh to no fall decorating and wood floors not being installed. sigh.

Kathi said...

I love it all. Simply fabulous, Sharon! That little squirrel captures my heart. He's adorable. I love what you have done. I'm sorry you were so sick though. love you, Kathi

Rosemary said...

Sharon, i always love your home tours of your holiday decor! I LOVE all the squirrels and the orange colander!
You've always been so sweet about praying for megan and nick. He got home from iraq and promptly called off the wedding :( Seems hes found himself a new girl, and ditched megan for her. WOw, what a guy! She is so heartbroken. She gave up so much for him, but shes trying to move on, and plan for college in the fall,dancing again, and to move on with her own dreams now....I don't know what God has in store for her, but im hoping its a great boy who treats her like the treasure she is. Geez Sharon, why do your adorable boys have to live so far away? haha! She needs a good guy.

Lady Farmer said...

Sharon~
You have so many wonderful fall decorations and have placed them in such pleasing little vignettes!
You always have terrific decor~whatever the occasion! I wonder~ where do you store all of these things? I have very little, but my poor attic is sagging!;~}
Can't wait to see your outdoor decorations!
Blessings!

Carol said...

Your Fall decorations are lovely! I especially like your squirrels, each one is so unique!

Blessings,
Carol

Sondra said...

Looks beautiful!

Heather said...

very pretty decorations. i love them all! i love all the candles everywhere and the everything around the fireplace looks gorgeous!

grey like snuffie said...

Sharon you do such a great job decorating your home. I may have seen it before but don't remember...but I LOVE that fall swag you made...cute, cute, cute! Hope you're feeling His embrace today!

Ticking and Toile said...

everything looks so warm & cozy!! Beautiful home & wonderful blog! Just found you!

Shellagh

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sharon. I have been so looking forward to
your fall decorations.
I love it all. The style of
your fireplace looks alot
like ours. My front porch is decorated for fall
And my breakfast nook
table is decorated.
Since we are empty nesters
That is all I decorate.

Pamela

Pearlin J said...

I get to experience fall through your pictures! You home looks sooo lovely!

Elena said...

Sharon, your decorations are so lovely! You are so very talented:)

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

You are a very talented woman! You decorate beautifully!!! Can you come to my house and give me a few ideas? It would be nice of we could, but anyway - I will keep on checking out your blog - you do a great job!!!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...