Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Do not be anxious.......

Good evening friends. Today I wanted to share with you an amazing devotion that I read in a little book called Streams in the Desert by LB Cowman. I was having a difficult morning. I have been having a hard two weeks and really a hard 2009. It has been a stressful year to say the least. I know all of us go through trials and many of you, for various reasons, have not had a pleasant 2009 either.

I do want to remember to be thankful to the Lord for all the many, many blessings that I have. First that Jesus died for me and I am saved by grace and will have eternal life in heaven after my life here on earth is over and that I have a personal relationship with Him and can go to Him whenever I want. Secondly, I have an amazing family and we all love each other and get along. Also, with this tough economy, I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with our good jobs. Okay, so that being said, I will move on.

After having the flu last week and just starting to get better and I had a what I thought was a relapse with severe fatigue. I then realized that I was dealing with some female problems that I had endured earlier this summer. I ended up going to the doctor today and came home feeling discouraged. I just feel so drained and so tired of all of this. It seems like in the last year I have gone week to week with some new ailment or injury. I just want to feel like me again. I do not have anything really serious like cancer, but I have an annoying health problem that I will not go into. Any way, I cannot believe how perfect the devotion was that I read this morning. It seems like the Lord always gives us what we need when we need it. I found the passage on the internet and pasted it below. I hope you enjoy it.

"In nothing be anxious" (Phil. 4:6).

No anxiety ought to be found in a believer. Great, many and varied may be our trials, our afflictions, our difficulties, and yet there should be no anxiety under any circumstances, because we have a Father in Heaven who is almighty, who loves His children as He loves His only-begotten Son, and whose very joy and delight it is to succor and help them at all times and under all circumstances. We should attend to the Word, "In nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

"In everything," that is not merely when the house is on fire, not merely when the beloved wife and children are on the brink of the grime, but in the smallest matters of life, bring everything before God, the little things, the very little things, what the world calls trifling things -- everything -- living in holy communion with our Heavenly Father, arid with our precious Lord Jesus all day long. And when we awake at night, by a kind of spiritual instinct again turning to Him, and speaking to Him, bringing our various little matters before Him in the sleepless night, the difficulties in connection with the family, our trade, our profession. Whatever tries us in any way, speak to the Lord about it.

"By prayer and supplication," taking the place of beggars, with earnestness, with perseverance, going on and waiting, waiting, waiting on God.

"With thanksgiving." We should at all times lay a good foundation with thanksgiving. If everything else were wanting, this is always present, that He has saved us from hell. Then, that He has given us His Holy Word -- His Son, His choicest gift -- and the Holy Spirit. Therefore we have abundant reason for thanksgiving. O let us aim at this!

"And the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." And this is so great a blessing, so real a blessing, so precious a blessing, that it must be known experimentally to be entered into, for it passeth understanding. O let us lay these things to heart, and the result will be, if we habitually walk in this spirit, we shall far more abundantly glorify God, than as yet we have done. --George Mueller, in Life of Trust.

Twice or thrice a day, look to see if your heart is not disquieted about something; and if you find that it is, take care forthwith to restore it to calm.--Francis De Sales

May you be able to completely rest in the Lord and be anxious for nothing in your life and just trust completely in Him.

In Him ~ Sharon

16 comments:

Heather said...

thank you for sharing this Sharon. This post is really speaking to me. I am so weak when it comes to being anxious. I know I shouldn't be but I still struggle with it. thank you for reminding me to release my anxieties and lean on the Lord. I'll be sending prayers your way too.

Anonymous said...

I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago. Best thing I ever did.
Sorry you are still having
stress and worries.
You are such a wonderful
and incredible woman.
One of my favorite sayings
"This too shall pass"
Pamela
NE Ohio

grey like snuffie said...

Amen and Amen!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

This is so beautiful. I love that verse. I struggle all the time with anxiety and worry and need to continually remind myself to give that over to the Lord.

I'm praying for you Sharon!

Shelia said...

Hi Sharon. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Oh, we woman have so many parts that act up, don't we?
I appreciate the devotion you shared - I needed this myself.
Thank you so much for thinking of my daughter!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathi said...

Thank you Sharon. This was beautiful. I love you so much. Kathi

Judy @ daily yarns said...

That is beautiful Sharon...Thanks for sharing it.

Mrs. FSG said...

Hey Mrs. Sharon!

I'm sorry you're struggling. I don't know all of the details, but I do know that it must be bad news for you to post this. I am going to say a prayer for you as soon as I'm done writing this. As you may remember my husband is a Naturopathic Doctor. For hormonal issues he recommends taking lots of good (Carlson is a good brand) fish oils, Udo's choice oils (make sure there's primrose oil), and lots of B vitamins. If you have any more specific questions for him feel free to email me brysonwg at aol dot com.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sharon. I sure needed to hear this today. The scripture you quoted stopped a nasty knot in my stomache. Praise the Lord! I get into a rut thinking if I think and think somehow that will make it better. It really doesn't. I'm 46 and will be glad when 50 is here and the sweating is gone! I am praying for you Sharon and hope all is better soon. Hugs, Lilly p.s. All your vintage art is beautiful!

oatbread said...

Well that reached me on so many levels today , thank you . I can relate so much to what you are saying . I am encouraged by all that you do . Donna xo

Diva Kreszl said...

Thank you for this timely post...definitely a reminder I needed! Being post menopausal I completely understand the trials you are going through now, I switched Doctors 3 times before I was happy and felt that someone was actually hearing me.

A Romantic Porch said...

I love that scripture. I tell myself that with Jesus it is as though I am on a beautiful island with everything perfect. The hard part is keeping myself reminded of that fact! Yes, 2009 has been very hard. Hang in there! xo rachel

Lori said...

Beautiful!! Thank you. This portion of scripture has been my lifetime scripture. I love it. It's comforting, to say the least.

Amy said...

Your post inspired me, too, Sharon. Hope you are soon feeling better.

Love,
Amy

Dana said...

Praise God!! Thanks for reminding me. We all need reminders from time to time:)

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
Thanks for posting this--I can relate. The pictures are so sweet too!!! Blessings-
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...