Friday, September 25, 2009

A visit from my sister Kathi!

In August my sister Kathi and her kids came to visit for a few days! Oh, how I love these times together!!! This was the first night she got there. I had just gotten off work when they arrived and we ate dinner together. This is a tradition we have done every summer for 17 years!!!
Here's Hayden with his cousin Harrison eating dinner. These kids are like extended siblings! They have all known each other since birth and hang out together several times a year.
They were all having fun together on the trampoline.
Grayson and Harrison.......cool cousins! They just happened to dress alike that day! :0)
Eric decided to play with the kids while they were on the trampoline and he sprayed them down with the garden hose!
Time to settle down and watch a movie!
Harrison and Hayden got up really early with Eric to go crabbing and fishing! They look so cool here, they remind me of skiers or something! Harrison has never done this before, so he was really excited!
They were out the door by 5:30 AM! They had a great day together and a productive day! They got a pot full of crab for dinner!
Right after they left Kathi and I went on an early morning walk with my friend Shelley.
Here we are with no make-up ready for an early morning work out! You can see the sun rising in the background of this picture. We walked for one hour and covered about three miles. It was so refreshing and a great time to talk!!!
Later that day we packed a lunch and had a picnic at the park. Well, we cheated a little, we just packed pops, chips and cookies and we got burgers and waters at McDonalds. This is a little trick I have done for years to save money!
Here's Kathi soaking in the sun at the park. You can see her daughter, Victoria, on the swing in the background.
Then we went to several garage sales and thrift stores. Everybody found wonderful treasures. It was such a great day!
Grayson was at work all day and I don't know how this came about, but the boys started arm wrestling! I love watching the cousins hang out and have fun together!
We stopped and got fresh corn for our dinner and Victoria and Jessica were so sweet to volunteer to husk it for us! I thought it was cute that they did it on the trampoline!
What a delicious meal we had! We had fresh crab and fresh corn on the cob! Delicious! What a wonderful traditional summer meal it was.

Tomorrow I'll show you the rest of our time together. I am so thankful to God for my sweet sister Kathi and her amazing kids! We have so much fun together!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil." Ecclesiastes 4:9

Love, Sharon

10 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

That is so wonderful that you can get together like that. I live hundreds of miles away from my 4 sisters (and 5 brothers)we are still very close in heart though. xo rachel

Elena said...

Sharon, that looked like such a great time! Your family is so special.

Heather said...

great photos. what a fun visit. can't wait to see more!

linda said...

The bond between sisters can be amazing. I would be lost without my sisters, they are such a blessing.

Everyone looks like they had a wonderful time!

Cottage Contessa said...

What a wonderful post! You and Kathi are both so blessed with the families you have, and to have each other! Thank you for sharing these special times with us too. Have a lovely day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

blushing rose said...

How fortunate you are able to gather & enjoy closeness. TY for sharing. Have a great weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Judy @ daily yarns said...

How fun to be able to get together!! Both you and Kathi have beautiful families.

Kathi said...

I still have not posted about your visit to my house. What wonderful days we had together at both your home and mine. I loved every minute of it. I'm so thankful that God allows us to get together. Love Kathi

Chany said...

Que hermosa family, yo estaba mirando las fotos de casa espectaculares llenas de glamour y lujo y de pronto aparecí aquiu, una hermosa , pero no como las que estaba visitando sin aembargo inmensa mente ricos en el amor de Dios , en la familia, cuando el bautismo , Ohhhhh mi Dios me recuerda el día que me bauticé hace muchos años, mi hija candy se bautizará próximamente , tiene 18 años recién cumplidos, y está muy feliz, soy descendiente de hebreos pwero mi madre se convirtió al Señor Jesús cuando era joven, ami me costaron algunas cosas, pero hoy puedo decir que me siento muy feliz siendo judia mesíanica, sentir que hay un salvador, cuando nuestra religión no propone salvación, tal vez por que en la gran misericordia de Dios todo Israel será salvo, igual oramos por Israel y por su país EEUU que tanto nos apoya siempre, y bueno por eso ustedes son bendito, porque el Señor Dios de Abaham dijo, bendeciré a los que te bendicen... eh? y maldeciré a los que te maldicen...
Bueno me despido de ustedes preciosa familia, Rosa Sharon... la paz este con ustedes Shalom Chany Tzera, desde Argentina.-

Anonymous said...

Translation of comment above:

Beautiful family that I was looking at the pictures of spectacular house full of glamor and luxury hereu appeared suddenly, a beautiful, but not as he was visiting the vast mind without aembargo rich in the love of God in the family, where the Baptism Ohhhhh my God I remember the day I was baptized many years ago, my daughter candy be baptized soon, has just turned 18 years and is very happy, I am descended from Jews pwer my mother turned to the Lord Jesus when he was young, ami cost me some things, but today I can say I am very happy being Messianic Jew, feel that there is a savior, when our religion does not provide salvation, perhaps in the great mercy of God all Israel shall be saved, as we pray for Israel and the U.S. for his country always supported us so much and so good you are blessed because the Lord God said Abaham, bless them that bless you ... eh? and curse them that curse you ... Well my leave of you wonderful family, Rose Sharon ... peace be with you Chany Tzero Shalom, from Argentina .-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...