Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer's over.........

Well, the season of summer is not over yet, but summer vacation is over as school starts back up today. It is really weird for me because my baby, Hayden, is the only one going back to school this year! We have had such a busy summer and I have many events and pictures to show, so I decided that over the next few weeks I am going to share with you what we did over summer vacation. Today's pictures are from way back at the beginning of summer, back in June. On this day I took Grayson & his girlfriend Rachelle, and Hayden and his buddy, Spencer to this fabulous swimming pool in the big city.
I remember when we were sitting in the sun that we had so much summer fun ahead of us.
And look, now it is already over! Where did it go? How does time fly by so quickly like that? Here's Hayden and Spencer waiting in line to go off the "platform" it is a 14 foot high dive.
Cool! Hayden's doing a foot grab!
Nice style Hayden!
Here's Grayson doing a dive.

We love getting snow cones and pretzels from the snack shack.
It was fun visiting with Rachelle poolside.
Grayson and Rachelle enjoying the sunshine.
Me doing my favorite thing........soaking in the sun and reading!
Well.....summer has flown by, but it is fun to relive it with pictures. I hope that all of you had a great summer this year too. And if you have kids going back to school this week, I hope everything goes well for you and your children. Hayden will get his new schedule when he goes today and I pray that he gets a really good schedule. I have made it a habit to pray with my kids on the way to school that the Lord would be with them and they would have great days, but also that the Lord could use them and they would be lights for Christ in the school. We also prayed that God would protect them too. It is just a great way to start their day!

“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”Philippians 4:8

Love, Sharon

9 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

What a delight it is to visit with you as I have my morning coffee. Your family is blessed to have a Mom who prays with them.

Amy said...

I am reading that same book by Elizabeth George. I LOVE IT! I read through half of it and started over reading it with my accountability partner. God has really used it to change my heart in many ways. VERY GOOD BOOK! What do you think?

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I am quite happy summer is over! I love the change of all the seasons. I love the kids going back to school and the quiet emptiness of the house and the excitement when they come home at the end of the day. Enjoy your week!

Heather said...

looks like a wonderful summer! we would love to go to your pool! i hope Hayden has a great first day of school and a great week ahead. i'm sad summer is over but looking forward to the coolness fall has to offer :)

Brenda Eason said...

Im glad you had a good summer. it looks like so much fun.
With all the things that happened to me i didn't even get in the water. heck we never went any where. Summer is suck a blur.

Michelle said...

I think summer flew by, too! I enjoy the change of seasons and fall is probably my favorite but I will miss the girls as they started back to school today :( (We enjoyed a great start to the day with no crabby attitudes...gotta love that! haha)

I'm hosting a 300th post giveaway on my blog so please be sure to come on by and sign up!

Have a great week, Sharon!

~Michelle :)

jennifer said...

Summer went by WAY too fast. Looks like y'all had a really good day!

Kathi said...

Sharon, I feel so much like you do. Where did our summer go? What a fun day it look like you had. I'm so glad you get to spend time with your boys and Rochelle like this.

Happy Birthday Sharon!!! You get to have one of those special day/month/year thingy: 9/9/09 I do not believe I will ever get that as they don't make a month with 25.
The closest I can get is 3/25/25, but look how long that will take: )

Have a super day. Love ya, Kathi

Sharon said...

Amy, I haven't finished the book, but I do really like it. It has been so helpful so far!

:0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...