Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stop and smell the....Morning Glories???

This is the stop sign at the end of my street. I probably have stopped hear millions of times! One day a few weeks ago I started noticing that a vine was climbing up the stop sign.
Can you see it growing there?
Here's a close up. Isn't it cute! I have been keeping an eye on it and was so tickled to see that it is actually blooming!
Like any good blogger, I always keep my camera near by, so I jumped out of my car and snapped some pictures. You can see here in this picture that the vine is growing out of this pile of dead leaves in front of the street water drain. I was wondering where the seeds had come from and all I had to do was look up!
Up the street along this pretty brick wall the neighbor lady has some beautiful Morning Glories growing up her cute picket fence!
Isn't it amazing how this little determined vine has grown from the gutter!
I feel like it is just there to please me every morning when I drive by and to remind me that God can work miracles with all kinds of situations!
And look at the beautiful flowers that this little wayward vine has produced! I'm thankful for this little vine and I look forward to seeing it's status and growth every day!

We will be celebrating my oldest son's birthday tonight. Mackenzie actually turns 25 on Saturday, but he will be out of town, so his beautiful wife, Brittany is having a dinner party for him tonight. She is carrying on the tradition that I started with my family and she is making the dinner of his choice. He chose chicken enchiladas! Yummy! I Hope all of you have a great Thursday!

"The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing is come, and the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land." Solomon 2:12

Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

Cool! We have kudzu down here so seeing flowers is a much prettier vine :0)! Have fun at McK's birthday party! Hope your day is ab fab.

grey like snuffie said...

How fun...that is one of the best parts of blogging to me...seeing other parts of the world and how people "notice" their world has challenged me to slow down and look around mine.

blushing rose said...

What a wonderful chuckle post/picture ... you never know WHERE you will find that opportune pics.

Have a beautiful & safe holiday weekend. TTFN ~ Marydon

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That's so amazing! Love the picture of you and your parents from the wedding post. I would have loved to have a wedding like that! I'm hoping my daughter will have hers, at least the reception, in our back yard one day. How is your eye??? Enjoy your day and Happy Birthday to your son. You don't look old enough to have a 25 year old!!!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon...that is beautiful. Where there's a will...there's a way!

Hugs,
Robin

Happy@Home said...

Glad you had your camera with you. Morning glories are one of my favorite flowers and I think it is so cute how that one is growing up the stop sign.

Liz said...

That's fantastic! I'm so glad you took pictures of this! And hi... it's been forever since I've left a comment. But I'm stil here! I'm still reading! :)
Hugs,
Liz

Sondra said...

How pretty! There is beauty all around us if we only take the time to look! Have a wonderful birthday celebration with Mackenzie and his wife!

Heather said...

how cool! i love that it made it's way all the way to the street sign and decided to beautify the pole! that lady's fence is gorgeous with them all on there! Happy early birthday to your son! have fun tonight.

Michelle said...

Those morning glories sure are beautiful and what a great lesson you pointed out about how God can work miracles in all kinds of situations...so true, so very true!

Hope your family enjoys a wonderful celebration of your son's b-day!

Hugs,
Michelle :)

Jocelyn said...

How sweet is that? I love the purple!

Wow Kenzie is 25? I swear i was only 5 when he was born!

Kathi said...

Beautiful Sharon. I love those pretty sweet flowers. Happy early birthay to Mackenzie.

Kathi

Diva Kreszl said...

The perserverance of that flower is God's reminder that it doesn't matter that we may be in the 'gutter', he can make us beautiful!

Elena said...

I love morning glories! Happy Birthday to your son!

Mary said...

Beautiful, Sharon. I love morning glories. God is so awesome.

Blessings,
Mary

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh how neat. I posted about morning glories today. I love them too. They add such cheer to wherever they bloom. (Bloom where you are planted...I've been thinking ALOT about that lately)Sharon thank you for your sweet comments about our son leaving. xo rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...