Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sad day.......

Hayden had his first football game Friday night. We were so excited, proud and nervous because he is just a sophomore and he was starting on varsity on both offense and defense, as well as special teams! Within two minutes of the game he had a fumble recovery and a touchdown! Later he got an interception. He was doing awesome.
But, right after halftime he was tackled and a guy fell on his lower leg causing his ankle to twist. The coaches taped him up, but he could not bear weight on it. They then elevated it and iced it. He was in a lot of pain. We were very concerned that it was broken.
Here's Eric looking at it. The paramedics looked at it and felt that it was not broken, just a bad sprain. They said to watch it over the weekend. I am sad he got hurt, but I am so thankful it is not worse. So far it seems to be improving.

I hope all of you are having a really nice labor day weekend! School starts next week!

"But all who humble themselves before the Lord shall be given every blessing, and shall have wonderful peace." Psalm 37:11

Hugs, Sharon

13 comments:

Judy @ daily yarns said...

Hi Sharon,
I'm so sorry to hear about Hayden's injury. When our son's played hockey and got injured with sprains, our Chiropractor told us about MSM. Which is a nutritional supplement, you can find this at any health food store. It helps heal the tissue that is bruised or sprained.
Just some fyi of my 2 cents :)

Judy

Heather said...

oh no! i hope the swelling and pain diminish quickly for him. that is sad! so happy it's not broken. wow, school hasn't started yet? he's lucky! our public school kids went back on august 27th.

Brit said...

Oh, he was very unlucky!
But it was good to hear that the leg wasn't broken.
You say that school start this week in your place. In Norway it started in august,,,,,,,,,,,,
I am sorry I haven't visited you the last time, I have been busy a long time. I haven't visited my other blogfriends either.
Have a nice Sunday!:-)

Amy said...

I dread that happening to my boys IF they play sports. (I hope they do) Glad to hear it is getting better. Hope it continues to heal so he can play.

Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews said...

Take heart! Boys are tough, he'll be back up and at em in no time! I have four boys of my own, so know of which I speaketh! lol!

It's hard on mommas though,to see their babies hurt!

The other Sharon

linda said...

Oh, poor guy! I'm so sorry! I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers!

Did you say if they lost or won?

adsgram said...

Glad to hear it is just a sprain, but have heard that sometimes they take longer to 'feel better'. My son broke his ankle playing touch football with friends as an adult...that was no fun. As another writer said, 'Boys are tough', and I am sure he will be back on the field soon...

Feel better quickly, Hayden!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry for Hayden, but so glad it is not broken.

Wow, he sounds like is very valuable to the team. I look forward to seeing him play once he heals up. Love ya, Kathi

Jan said...

Hoping that Hayden's leg is healing quickly and he'll be ready to play really soon! It's hard watching our kids get hurt!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Sorry to hear that he was injured. I hope he feels better soon.

Brenda Eason said...

Oh Sharon im so sorry. I know how it is to worry,but i know you trust God. It is sad it was the first game,but happy it wasn't worse.

shamrock fields said...

Hi Sharon-
I've been keeping up with your blog, but haven't had much time to comment! Hope Hayden's leg is better. Happy Birthday to McKenzie--and say hi to Brittany! We are busy with new school routines as well. Blessings-
Molly

Mrs.Rabe said...

I haven't been by for a blog visit is a while! I have had fun catching up with your fun summer!

Sorry about Hayden's ankle - glad it is not broken! Sounds like he was having an awesome game!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...