Friday, September 4, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Autumn!

The other morning I went out on the front porch to do my Bible study and I noticed that the air was so crisp and cool.
It was foggy too, you can see it in this picture! Yep, fall is just around the corner!
Later I went to the store and noticed they had Mums on sale!
Aren't they beautiful! I held back because I want to wait a few more weeks before I redecorate my front porch for fall.
Eric and I took a little bike ride down to the high school to watch Hayden's football practice! I can't believe it's already football season again!
Oh, I just loved being out there at the field again watching the boys practice! I love football season!
It's kind of sad that summer is coming to an end, but my favorite season is just around the corner. I absolutely just love Autumn!
I love the crisp mornings and beautiful afternoons, I love the changing colors in the trees, I love football, I love the smell of cinnamon apple candles burning, I love warm snuggy nights at home with the family while the soup is cooking on the stove and we have a fire in the fireplace! I love really love fall!!!
Here's Hayden running with the ball in practice. I can't believe how big he has gotten. He's the baby of the family and the last one in school! We are really proud of him, he is just a sophomore this year and he is staring on the varsity team on both offense and defence. He is the running back and defensive back. His first game is tonight and I'm a little nervous about him going against the big seniors, but I know God is with him and that he will be just fine!

I hope all of you have a wonderful three day weekend!!!

"The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." Isaiah 40:8

Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

I just love and miss football so much.I will look forward to seeing the boys pictures.Thanks so much,Brenda

Judy@daily yarns said...

How fun...I loved watching our son's hockey practice. Those days are over and I really miss them. I loved your last post. How neat to find that. I wonder if it will really get full around the pole?

Heather said...

ooh i love fall too! it's my favorite :)

Mary said...

Sharon,

So nice to catch up with you a little. I've had the boys all summer, so it's been hectic, but we did have a lot of fun in spite of the cool (which I enjoy) and wet summer.

Yes, fall is in the air. I also saw the Mums on sale and also am waiting a bit to redecorate.

Hope all is well with you. Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

Blessings,
Mary

linda said...

You sure showed great restraint when you didn't buy any of those mums! I can't wait to pick up some for my front porch also.

I miss the days of football games, and hockey games, and soccer games, and swim meets...I pretty much miss it all really! We will be going to AZ for parent's weekend soon and will take in the football game there. ASU football games are so exciting with that hugh stadium and tons and tons of fans. Very fun!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Anonymous said...

The Lord led me to your blog. What a blessing it is!
I am a mom of five grown children ( and a grandma of seven, too )so I can relate to your thoughts and prayers.
Bless your heart, dear, and may He grant you all that is needed to further His Kingdom.
your sis-in-Him,
patti

Elise said...

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

~~Deby said...

yes....yes...Autumn..and I love the season and even the word better than FALL....
I finally made the swag you make..it came out quite long, which is what I wanted in all AUTUMN colors...scroll down in you get a chance on my blog...thanks Sharon for the idea...
Deby

Kathi said...

Oh I love mums and want to get some too. Fall is a fun and special time. Everything changes and becomes crisp. I want to say everything becomes fresh, but that doesn't seem right because leaves are dying and falling to the ground. But, I guess because the air is cool and crisp it just seems fresh with the blue sky and all the colors. love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...