Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I had a good birthday!

A few weeks ago I turned 48! Oh my goodness, I am only 2 years away from the big 5-0! It just doesn't seem possible, yet I know it's true. I had a really great birthday this year. It started with my sweet hubby taking me out to lunch. He said we could eat anywhere I wanted, so we went to this darling restaurant where they sell antiques. Now this is a real act of love for my hubby to take me to this place because it is soooo not him!
We had a lovely lunch and strolled through the store. It was a nice time, but I think next time I'll pick a place that he would enjoy a bit more and I'll save this place for lunches with the girls! LOL!
After lunch we headed to Best Buy to buy my present!
He bought me a new camera! I am so excited about it! My old digital camera broke and I was borrowing my son Grayson's for a few months. I picked out a Canon Powershot. I was so excited to get this! I love it because it is so little and it's RED!!!! It has all the features for good blogging pictures, 12.1 mega pixels, rechargeable battery, zoom lens, micro zoom etc. and we bought a chip that holds 900 photos! So far it is working wonderfully and I really like it! I am really excited about the battery! My old camera took two double A batteries and they would run out after a few hours of taking pictures. This new little camera will be so nice! :0)
That night the whole family gathered at our home for my birthday dinner. Eric made the whole dinner of barbecue steak, baked potatoes and green salad. It was a delicious meal. I forgot to take a picture of the food, but it turned out so good! I did get pictures of me with all of my kids though. Here's me and Brittany.
Me and Mackenzie.
Me and Cameron.
Me and Grayson.
Me and Hayden. I am usually the photographer and I forget to get pictures of my boys and I together. I am so thankful for my husband and children, they are the best gift in the world!
Here I am with my cake. I had a great birthday! My birthday wish.....that the Lord would continue to keep my family safe and we would all continue to walk in Him and grow in Him. I also wish that all of you out there in Blogland have a great year too!!!

"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him." Exodus 15:2

Hugs, Sharon

25 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I love the pictures of you with all of your boys. How special!

PS: I love your new camera. Red is my favorite color. My phone is red...I never thought of a red camera. Hmmmmmm....

Diva Kreszl said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Rejoice in being 48, and then 49 & 50...I can tell you that at 53 yearning for a younger version of me has proven to be a fruitless endeavor.

Julieann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! What a beautiful birthday girl, you are.

...Oh, and that camera is soooo fun:)

Loved all the pictures.

Julieann

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,
I had to smile about your birthday post..I took my husband to more of a "girly" spot for his birthday lunch..he was such a good sport about it but it was so out of his comfort zone! I was wondering if you would mind sharing the song you and your son danced to at his wedding..a friends son is getting married soon and she is still looking for a mother/son song and I remembered how much I liked the song you chose.
Thanks, Brenna

Mrs. FSG said...

Happy Belated Birthday Friend! I think it's too cute that you are taking a picture of the camera that you got :0)!

By the way, you do not look nearly 50 at all.

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! Wow, looks like you had a great b-day. You don't look a day over 29! :o) Who made your delicious cake? Mmmmm...

Love your camera. What type of battery does it use? Mine takes 2 xA's, & they are constantly going dead. My mom says she only puts hers in when she's going to take a pic. But I like to have them in all the time. What a wonderful gift from your sweet hubby. I bet it won't take you long to fill up that memory card! LOL

Desires of the Heart said...

Hi Sharon, Happy Birthday!!! You look fabulous! Don't worry about the chronilogical years, it really is about your attitude and your heart and I can tell they are very young. Always enjoy reading your blog and have you on my blogroll. Have a great year! Blessings, Linda

grey like snuffie said...

How exciting...a blogger with a new camera! :o) I'll have to check it out...we need some new cameras in our family. My current digital is 4 mega pix....and I've always used rechargeable batteries...it's a little pricey up front but saved lots over time being able to recharge them...will have to check in to what your new camera has....and BRIGHT RED!!!! Definitely your color! I loved that your hubby took you to the antique place to eat...that is LOVE! I'm thinking that cake looks GRAND also....now I'm craving chocolate.

Jocelyn said...

My camera is PINK :) I got it last year for my 40th !

My sister keeps whining, Im almost 50, Im almost 50 ! Funny..


You don't look even close to 48, more like 42. :)

PJ said...

Happy Birthday and wish you many many Happy returns.Love all the pictures!

Elena said...

Happy Birthday Sharon. You look beautiful holding your cake! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Sharon! What a super hubby you have (I'm still going back and admiring the garden with the beautiful arched entrance!). So happy your family made your day so truly special! Lilly

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy belated Birthday Sharon! It looks like it was a wonderful day, you are truly blessed sweetie to have such an awesome family....but you deserve them because you are awesome too! Oh that cake looks soooo delicious!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Ruthie said...

How great to be able to read your lovely post again and catch up on your happenings. (We've been traveling much of the summer - so not able to blog).
Happy Birthday!

gin said...

happy birthday. love your camera and the pictures of you and the boys. And, 48, 49 and 50 is not so bad. Trust me. I love it. It's like things just get better and better. You'll be ok.

Sharon said...

Hi Brenna! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment! The name of that song is Find Your Wings by Mark Harris. I just love the words to it, it is how a mother (or father) truly feels about their child!

Have a great evening!
Sharon

Sharon said...

Thank you Lily! I really did have a great day and I do appreciate my hubby! :0)

Hugs, Sharon

susan said...

I have been following your blog for a while now. I finally think I figured out how to send you a message! I love to read about you and your family and am fascinated with how beautiful Oregon is. I have a nephew living in Portland and I guess I thought it just rained all the time!! I also get amazed at how ya'll wear lightweight jackets during the summer!! We had a "cool front" come in last night and it only got up to about 82 today. This has been our coolest day since May.(almost 5 months)
Anyway, I am soooo proud you are not going private. You have been an inspiration to me and I thank God that he led me to your site.
I'm glad you had a great birthday and may you have many, many more. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your family. Thank you for your "blogging". Susan

Anonymous said...

What a sweet birthday you
had with your family.
And you looked so pretty.

Pamela in NE OH

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Sharon! I'm so glad you had a good birthday...it looks like you really enjoyed yourself...you've got such a wonderful family! Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures :)

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo
~Michelle :)

Sharon said...

Welcome to my blog Susan! I am so happy that you enjoy it! Yes, Oregon truly is beautiful and it does rain a lot in the winter, but not all the time. That's why I love it so much here, we really do have the four seasons and in the middle of the rainy season God will bless us with a gorgeous sunny day and EVERYONE seems to really appreciate it! I hope that you will have a beautiful day! Thank you for leaving such a sweet comment!!!

Hugs, Sharon

Sharon said...

Hi Pamela! Thank you for the birthday wish! I hope you have a terrific day today!

Xox Sharon

Heather said...

now that was a perfect day! love the new camera :)

Where My Treasure Is said...

I'm glad you had such a great birthday and that you were able to spend it with your sweet family!

Enjoy your new camera!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a pretty birthday girl you are. You are loved and cherished by your family and friends and so blessed. I love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...