Thursday, September 24, 2009

How now brown cow?

Well, this little cow is not brown, but cream. Can you see him there on the refrigerator?
I found him at a sweet little old lady's garage sale earlier this summer. She told me that she had made him many years ago.
He's made of felt and has probably seen better days.
I think that's what makes him charming! :0)
I am attracted to some of the funky old craft projects from days gone by. I really appreciate the work that went into them. I can tell a lot of work went into my cow and that he's really well made. The stitching around the edges is so nice.
I think he has a cute expression too! I like his google eyes and his tongue sticking out!
He also has a pretty funny message too... made from what else, alphabet pasta! The sweet little old lady was selling him for only one dime. I just couldn't resist. I'm glad I bought him, as he cheers me up everyday when I see him on the fridge!

Hope you have a lovely Autumn day!

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:8

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

an adorable reminder to watch our calorie intake!

Anonymous said...

Awww.....a charming little cow. I like his funny expression. And it's vintage. Made by a sweet lady. A happy reminder of a fun day garage saling! Wishing you many blessings, Lilly

grey like snuffie said...

Too funny!

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

It's cute! I think seeing it would keep me from eating since it says are you eating again.

Anonymous said...

He's so ugly he's cute! I love it!!!

xox Janna

Linda said...

This little cow is so cute and I love the sentiment....just looking at it makes me smile...hugs, Linda

Shelley said...

Sweet little ole cow...I love seeing all your thrift and garage sale finds....keep them coming.

Blessings.....

Mardell said...

Cute cute!! :o) Love the alphabet pasta. I can picture her dumping them all out in a bowl & fishing for each letter. He looks very nice on your fridge!

Heather said...

he is very cute! love the saying!

Kathi said...

This cow is so cute. What love must have gone into making her. I'll see you Saturday. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...