Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A day at the lake with the family.....

One sunny day after church the whole family went to Dorena lake. We took the boat and a picnic lunch! Here's Mackenzie and Brittany at the boat landing.
Brittany and Eric unloading things.
Standing around waiting for Eric to back the boat in the water.
Eric's folks, Jim and Alice came along too! Here's Brittany with Alice.
All the boys helping with the boat.
Brittany and I waiting for our turn. The boat can only hold about five people at a time, so we took turns getting rides to our picnic site.
Cameron.
Cameron, Jim and Brittany.
Jim enjoying the boat exhilarating boat ride.
Captain Eric.
There's our spot! If you squint a little you can see Hayden, Mackenzie, Grayson and Alice waiting at the beach.
We had a lovely picnic lunch. Here's Jim and Alice sitting at the beach with their feet in the water! Isn't this a cute picture!
They will celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary!
Brittany keeping cool. The water looks kind of yucky here, but it's because the lake has a dirt bottom instead of rock. It is really blue and clear out in the middle of the lake.
Hayden chillin' out at the lake's shore.

I was really sad because the battery in my camera died and I didn't get to take any more pictures. When I started writing this post I realized that I didn't get any pictures of Grayson. :0(
After we ate our picnic lunch we all got on the boat and floated out just a little ways from the shore and dove into the water and swam and swam. It was so much fun! Eric and I actually jumped in too and it felt wonderful. We had such a fun time together at the lake. I absolutely LOVE days like this!!!

Today is 09/09/09 and it's my birthday! Eric is planning a special birthday dinner bash for me tonight and having all the kids over. I think we are doing something special this afternoon too. I hope all of you have great days today!

"O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty." Psalm 104:1

Love, Sharon

22 comments:

gin said...

Happy Birthday!! I love days like those on the water.

Kal said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day and a wonderful dinner with your family!

D'Rae said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one!

Heather said...

such a wonderful day on the lake with loved ones. great photos! Happy Birthday to you too! 9/9/09- how cool is that?! I hope you enjoy your day full of birthday surprises!

Mardell said...

hApPy BiRtHdAy ShArOn! Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Today is my brothers b-day too ~ he's the same age as you. Neat, huh? :o) Enjoy!!

Hugs,
Mardell

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

Cool! Y'all had many exciting adventures this summer. My parents celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary on August 16th.

It's Jan! said...

It looks like a wonderful day at the lake. My family loves those days where we play on the water too!

Thought you could just slip your birthday in without us noticing? Happy Birthday, Sharon!

Jan in PA

Happy@Home said...

Happy Birthday Dear Sharon. Hope you have a wonderful day today. It looks like you live in a beautiful area. I love to see how your family seems to live life to the fullest. So inspiring.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dear Sharon! I hope you have a FABULOUS day...you sure deserve!

HUGS,
Robin

adsgram said...

Sharon...enjoy your Happy Birthday!


Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Sue said...

Happy Birthday ,Sharon. I celebrated my BD yesterday. That's why we think alike on many things. Enjoy your day.

Sharon said...

Dear Sue and Lynne,

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I'm having a great day so far! Everyday should be my birthday! LOL!!! Just kidding! If it were every day then it wouldn't be special!

Hugs, Sharon

~Chris said...

What a great post. Looks like great summer fun. I had my son out camping this year on Indian Lake in NY State. He's 21, and it was a fantastic time. His best part is "no cell service". Thanks for your post. Have a post on the Rose of Sharon you may find interesting.
~Chris

oatbread said...

Happy birthday Sharon , I hope your day has been wonderful. I know dinner will be , Eric is such a good cook. Donna

claire said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon!!!

Love all your summer fun pix!

Rosemary said...

Happy birthday sharon! I hope you had a special day!!
Love all the lake pictures! YOu are lucky to live in such a pretty place :)

Kathi said...

Sharon, I hope your birthday was wonderful as you are. What a fun day at the lake. Your family is always doing such fun things. I enjoy seeing the pictures.

Kathi

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! My husband proposed to me on Sept. 9 so yesterday on 9/09/09, he proposed to me 9 years ago. Special day all around!

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon...happy belated birthday. Maybe you are still celebrating. I think it is fun to celebrate all week long! xo rachel

Judy @ daily yarns said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! What a fun place to have a picnic. I don't have to ask how your day was you can see by the photos it was great.

jAne said...

happy hApPy belated bIrTHdAy, Sharon. I hope the day's blessings were wonderful - you deserve each one. :o)

jAne
tickleberry farm

Becky K. said...

Hey Sharon,

I just discovered that we share a birthday! I'm glad yours was good. I enjoyed my 42nd too!

Becky K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...