Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ruby rooster......

I found this fabulous ruby glass rooster at Goodwill a few weeks ago. He was one of those treasures that I actually grabbed as soon as I saw it. I might have accidentally reached in front of someone too! LOL!
He is a lot of things in one for me! He's a rooster, which I love, he's heavy glass, which I love and he's made of ruby/amber glass, which I collect. Perfect!
Can you see the neat iridescent colors amber and ruby colors in him?
Oh boy, I just love this guy!
I am thinking that he is vintage, he is just so thick and heavy.
He also has lots of details. I wonder if he was sold with a lid?
There is a B marked on the bottom and I learned from the Internet that it is made by the Boyd Crystal Art Glass Co. I don't think he's worth a whole lot, but probably more than the $4.99 that I paid for him. For me $4.99 is a lot at Goodwill, but because my house is so full of things, lately my new stradegy is go in the store with an idea of how much I can spend and if I really like something I can buy it if it is in my budget. I'd rather buy one or two really special things than buy a whole bunch of cheaper items that I don't really need.
I thought I might put a votive in him, but for now I think I'll use him to hold toothpicks. I just love my new ruby rooster! He makes me happy when I see him in the windowsil every morning!

Hope you have a great day today!

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths." Psalm 25:4

Hugs, Sharon

18 comments:

Creations from my heart said...

First of all thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment about the memo board I made. I love when people comment! You have the best Goodwill store. The rooster is wonderful and so is the set of silverware. My favorite is the .25 TV trays you found at the yard sale. They are beautiful and I could also see them hanging on a wall. For me they would work well as TV trays with the 3 men in my house always wanting to eat something in front of the TV! Stop by again soon. Tomorrow is the Rooster Party! Blessings...Sherry

adsgram said...

Sharon..my first thought when I saw your rooster was, "how pretty will he be with a votive glowing from inside him?" The toothpicks are another great idea, too. I would have picked him up as well...my DIL loves roosters. Enjoy him, and have a great day!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Kathi said...

Sharon, I just love him too. He's a sunny happy thing in your window. Very sweet. Have a great day. Love ya, Kathi

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

Hey Girl! Hope you have a great day!

Amy said...

Love your rooster...and wanted to tell you how beautiful the picture of your "home sweet home in winter" is. Are you looking forward to Fall?

Have a sweet day....Amy

Brenda Eason said...

Oh girl you better be glad I wasn't there. We would have had to fight hehe.I might have forgot WWJD =)
Naw im happy you got him just beautiful.

Linda said...

Sharon, this is such a neat rooster...I love the color. I think it would look so pretty with a little tea light.

I added a note about Orts and SAL on my post. I should have explained what they were...I'm glad you asked, I know others must have wondered too...hugs, Linda

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I love your ruby rooster too! It has "you" written all over it. I'm thinking it might have had a top to it also. Perhaps that's why someone got rid of it? Their trash is your treasure! :o) I've noticed that our GW has been raising their prices too. I find that rather disturbing! Grrr.

Thanks for stopping by my new blog. Yep, I'm a "blogger" now...never thought I would be. I do sell my stuff to whoever wants it! :o)

Hugs,
Mardell

Judy said...

He is adorable...You should have joined in the Rooster Party.

Lady Farmer said...

Hi Sharon!
I collect vintage chickens and I think your Ruby Rooster is fabulous! Perfect for the girl who loves red!
Hoping your eye is better ~ what a scarey thing, huh?
Have a blessed day!

Kal said...

I wanna come shop at your Goodwill. You find the best stuff! Love the rooster!

linda said...

What a great find Sharon! I was thinking a votive candle too but I love the toothpicks idea!

My house is so full of stuff too that I've come up with a goodwill motto if you will...if I bring home 3 things, I need to bring 3 things back to goodwill. I have a closet in the hall that I store my "going to goodwill" stuff and then every month or so I make a drive to goodwill and give them my old things. It just helps me justify all of the "treasures" I bring home from goodwill.

Heather said...

wow! he is one awesome Rooster! very cool. you find the greatest things at goodwill. ours only has junk. it's so disappointing to go in there. everything is broken or missing pieces or just plain old junk.

Jenny said...

Neat rooster, pretty blog.

Jan said...

Now THAT is cute! I'm lovin' that guy! Great find!

Rosemary said...

Sharon, great find. I"m thinking he might be missing a lid, but he could be a egg cup too? Not sure hes vintage though. He could be one of the reproduction chickens some of the glass companys have put out. Great deal though, regardless :)

Sondra said...

Your rooster is SO beautiful. And Jen over at http://www.dustbunnyhostage.com/ just showed off a rooster of hers too. Someone had a "Show off your rooster" day! LOL! And here you have one too. I remember when I was little my grandma had roosters everywhere. I guess they are making a comeback.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I like him a lot too. He's quite cheerful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...