Friday, August 7, 2009

Our 27th Wedding Anniversary!

Last Friday, July 31st, Eric and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary! I normally have Friday's off, but had to work that day, and this is what I found when I got home! Eric gave me a dozen beautiful red roses and a lovely card. What a sweetie pie I have!
Our wedding day, July 31, 1982, we've only just begun!
We went to a very romantic restaurant for dinner. I ordered the scampi and it was delicious!
Eric had a New York steak........yumz!!!
When I made the reservation I told them it was our 27th anniversary and I asked for a table by the window.
This was our view! Isn't it gorgeous!
They surprised us and gave us a free dessert for our anniversary and they even decorated the plate! Isn't that cute! I think I'll remember this idea and use it at home!
They gave us Mississippi mud pie and boy was it delicious!
It was really fun having a romantic dinner with my husband and sharing this fantastic dessert with him! We ate every last bit of it!
What a wonderful night we had! I am so thankful for my husband, he has been such a wonderful partner to share my life with. We have been through so much together and I am so thankful to the Lord for solidifying our marriage and helping us to grow strong together. We have truly been blessed with a wonderful life together with our four amazing sons and all the adventures in life we've had together. It's so wonderful now that our oldest son, Mackenzie, is now married to beautiful Brittany and some day all of the boys will be married and we will start having grandbabies! We are just starting the second chapter of our life! I can honestly say that we are more in love today than we were on the day we married! Here's to 27 more!!!

But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:6-9

Love, Sharon

22 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, Congratulations for a wonderful anniversary! xo rachel

Carol said...

Happy 27th anniversary Sharon & Eric!

Where My Treasure Is said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope the next 27 years are just as amazing!

...and I want a piece of that dessert!! YUM!

Linda said...

Happy 27th Anniversary to both of you and wishes for many more wonderful years together...hugs, Linda

luvmy4sons said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 27 years! I like hearing about your life... so many similarities...we are about 1 1/2 years behind you...but we have four sons...none married yet...can't imagine it! LOL! That dessert looked fabulous! Yum! So glad you had a good time. May God bless you with 27 more! Hugs!

It's Jan! said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate such an important event. You two look young enough to be newly weds!

May God bless you with many more happy years!

Jan

adsgram said...

Best wishes on your anniversary, and for many, many more! What a nice view you had for your lovely dinner...a great life and flowers to boot...what more can a gal ask? !

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Happy@Home said...

Congratulations on 27 years of marriage and a belated Happy Anniversary wish to both of you. Your dinner looked yummy and the roses were such a sweet thing to come home to. May you have many more happy and healthy years together.

Elena said...

Happy Anniversary, Sharon! That is wonderful!

grey like snuffie said...

WOO HOO---I didn't think much when I saw the 27 years...then I read the year...1982---that was the same year we got married. Kind of took me by surprise...time has been flying. Doesn't seem like 27 years. It is such a gift from God to be able to declare all you shared here today. Praying all His best to you and Eric!!!!

Rebecca said...

Congrats my friend. May you be blessed for 27 more...and more and more.

Love to you...Rebecca

Judy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!

I have been enjoying your blog a while now and only left one or two comments, I think. I couldn't "leave" today with the good wishes.

God Bless You,
Amy

Connie said...

Okay, you can keep YOUR love bunny and just hand over the dessert to ME, sugar!! Looks fantastic!
xoxo,
Connie
Happy anniversary. We're on our 48th year and if I continue camping with him I think he'll keep me another 48! ;-)

Heather said...

happy anniversary! congrats! 27 years is so awesome. cute wedding photo. sounds like a perfect way to celebrate too.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you more anniversarys.
Hubby and I haved been married 38 years! And we are still young.

Pamela in NE Ohio

Sondra said...

Happy Anniversary!! 27 years- wow! I bet some days it seems like yesterday that you met :) Time goes by so fast. I am so happy that you have had such a wonderful and blessed life with your sweet husband. And I know you will have many more.

Mardell Lamb said...

Happy Anniversary Eric & Sharon! You two are as cute together as you were 27 years ago. You are both equally blessed to have each other. Congrats!

Have a great weekend. :o)
Hugs,
Mardell

gin said...

Happy Anniversary!! It's going thru the good and bad together that makes each year better.

Brenda Eason said...

Congrats girl. Mine was 26 in June. Time sure flies.

Karen said...

Congratulation on your Anniversary!
It looks like you had a wonderful dinner. How blessed you are to have each other.
I just have to tell you how much I enjoy visiting your blog.
Have a beautiful week,
Karen

Kathi said...

You are such a cute couple who love each other so much. God has blessed your marriage in such a wonderful way. I'm so happy for you. hugs, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...