Friday, August 28, 2009

My 30th class reunion.........

Yes, it's true, I graduated from high school 30 years ago! I just can't believe it! In some ways I feel like I can only be 30 years old, there's no way that I graduated from high school 30 years ago!!! In other ways, with my body breaking down, I definitely do feel old! Here's a picture of Eric and I right before we left for the reunion.
At this point as we were driving I was starting to get really nervous! Would people remember me and recognize me? Would I remember and recognize others???
Well, it ended up being a really fun time! Here's a group picture of all my classmates. Our motto was, "We're the mighty, we're the fine, we're the class of '79!"
Here's a picture of me with two of my best friends from school, Janet and Michelle. It was so great to catch up with them. It was so wonderful to see so many of my old friends and catch up. Everyone was so nice! I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to go to the 35th now!!!

Many of you have asked how my eye is doing and I am so happy to report that it is almost 100% back to normal! I have a little tiny knot underneath the skin where the wound was and it seems to be getting smaller every day. I would like to thank all of you again for your prayers!

Hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend! May the Lord richly bless you!!!

"And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." Luke 1:47

Hugs, Sharon

12 comments:

Linda said...

How fun! Loved all the pictures and you look great...hugs, Linda

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow ~ you look great! I'm so glad you had a good time. We haven't had a reunion in years. And I'm sure your classmates recognized you. From seeing your younger pics, you certainly haven't changed much! :o) I'm happy that your eye is much better. Speaking of which...is Eric's spider bite all healed & a thing of the past? I hope so!

Have a great weekend! It's feeling like Fall here in NY & I love it!

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
How fun!!! You look beautiful and very young! Glad to hear your eye is doing better! Blessings-
Molly

Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews said...

My 30th is coming up this fall, and I'm debating whether to go or not.
Our class motto was "Success and Glory we shall find, Senior Class of 79." lol!
So glad your eye is better!

the "other" Sharon

Rebecca said...

And where oh WHERE is the HIGH SCHOOL PHOTO? The BEFORE PICTURE???? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Love to you~

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Ha Hey Sharon I just went to my 40th!!!! Had a blast!! Class of "69"
How many did you have come to yours?

Pamela in OH

Sharon said...

That's awesome Pam! Well, we had around 400 kids in our class and only about 40 attended this reunion. I'm not sure the word got out so good this time and we have lost a lot of contact with many friends. I think Facebook is reconnecting a lot of people, so I think the 35th will have more people. How many were at yours?

Elena said...

Your reunion looked like a lot of fun! I am so very glad that your eye is doing better. The Lord is so good!

Anonymous said...

We had 40 out of 160.
Small classes in the city of grew up in because home town of only 30,000 had 4
high schools. This was in
West Virginia! I just love
going. And people do change
with age and I do think for the better. Everyone talked to everyone.
Thanks for your answer Sharon!
Warmly
Pamela

Sondra said...

What a special event! So glad you had a good time. Isn't it amazing how time flies?

Jan said...

How much fun was that! It looks like you had a blast! My class reunion was a couple of weeks ago...would have been 34 years! Since we were from such a small school they decided to do a reunion of all the classes from the 70's. It was back in IL and since I'm in AZ I didn't get to attend.
Thanks for sharing your fun with us!
Jan

Heather said...

that's awesome! cute photos too. gosh 30 years? you don't look it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...