Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Keeping a lid on it........


Every year we have such a problem with fruit flies. I usually have an antique yelloware bowl on the counter to hold all our fruit, but it just attracts the fruit flies. I decided to put all the fruit in my new barrel shaped jar that I found at Goodwill last week (I only paid $1.99 for it!). It works perfectly! No more fruit flies! The only problem is, it really doesn't hold bananas. I'll have to find another jar for them.

I do have a fabo home remedy to kill fruit flies. Click here to read about it. You simply fill a glass about half full of cider vinegar and add 1 drop of Dawn liquid soap to it. If you have a fruit fly problem, just set this out on the counter and within hours you will have trapped and killed at least a dozen! It works every time!

Have a wonderful day!

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." Galatians 5:22-23


In Him ~ Sharon

9 comments:

Monica said...

Thanks for the tip! I love the new barrel!

blushing rose said...

Oh, do I ever love these kinds of tips. Love the jar. Have a great day. TTFN ~ Marydon

PS Pop over to my post today, we need prayers lifted. TYSM

Where My Treasure Is said...

Cute jar and great idea!

..and thanks for the fruit fly tip! Those things drive me insane! They're goners now!

A Romantic Porch said...

This is great. I'm going to make some vinegar and soap! I've been keeping the fruit and veggies on the table on the back porch to keep the fruit flies out there. But this sounds like a great solution! xo rachel

Connie said...

That can work, honey! Anything with a lid but that is extra cute. You did good, chick........
xoxo,
Connie

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing the great tip, Sharon! Thankfully we've not had too much of a fruit fly problem around here this season. Love that jar!

Hope you're enjoying a great week!
~Michelle :)

Tanza said...

Hi Sharon,
What a wonderful tip !! I'll have to try this !! I LoVe your jar !! I'm a jar girl,and have them everywhere, filled with everything !! hahaha.. Have a happy, blessed day !!
hugs ~tea~xo

luvmy4sons said...

I was just lamenting over my ruit fly problem today! I am going to do the vinegar and soap deal RIGHT NOW. I hope any dishwashing liquid works. I will let you know! Thanks! I HATE THEM EVERY YEAR!

linda said...

Thanks for the fabo tip Sharon! I'll have to keep this one in mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...