Monday, August 31, 2009

Family reunion...this time it's my hubby's side!

Back in July we hosted a family reunion for my husband's side of the family. We were busy cleaning the house and yard and getting everything prepared for the event. We had it on a Monday night, but I had the day off, so it worked out really well! Here's the younger generation having fun together.
Eric's brother, Mark, was visiting from Maryland, so we thought it would be a great time to get everyone together. From left to right, Eric, his Dad Jim, Cousin Jeff, Cousin Larry, our brother-in-law Jim and Eric's brother Mark.
And here's all the ladies....from left to right, our niece Michaela, me, my mother-in-law, Alice, Brittany, Eric's cousin Jeff's wife, Rebeca and Eric's sister, Stacey.
Same picture, but a little closer.
We had so much fun visiting in the sun and dipping our toes in the pool!
Grayson and Rachelle.
Grayson, Rachelle and Michaela.
Here's my husband's family, Stacey, Mark, Eric and their parents, Alice and Jim. The original five!
Eric's father and his two sons visiting while the fish is frying.
Family is so important. As I have gotten older, I have really learned that people come and go in your life, but your family is always there!
It's especially a blessing when the family gets along great!
Eric's sister and her hubby, Jim. They just celebrated their second anniversary.
We had such delicious food! Eric and I provided BBQ salmon and deep fried Sturgeon and we asked everyone to bring a salad and a dessert. We had a lovely meal!
Here's everyone loading up their plates.
Rachelle, Grayson and Stacey visiting. We were missing a few people, but we still had a great time. As Eric's parents are getting older, it is really important to keep getting together. Some of the older family members have passed away and the rest of us are getting older too, so we really value our time together. I especially think it's vital for the kids to know their heritage and to deepen their sense of family.
It's really wonderful for me to see the next generation growing up and adding more to the family. My son, Mackenzie, is the first one to get married in the younger generation and it will be great some day when all the kids get married and bring their little ones! It just goes on and on!
After dinner and it got dark we came inside and visited some more.
We had a really great time with the whole family. I feel so blessed to have such such a wonderful extended families on both sides!

Hope you have a great Monday!

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." Galatians 2:20

Love, Sharon

8 comments:

Monica said...

Looks like a great time.I love getting together with family!There's nothing else like it.

Kathi said...

Sharon, It looks like you all had such a wonderful time together. The food looks delicious too. You are indeed blessed to have a wonderful family. God is so good. I'm so glad I'm part of your family too. Love you Sister, Kathi

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

That's really nice of you to have the reunion at your house for that is a lot of work! Looks like everyone had fun! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Diva Kreszl said...

looks like a wonderful get together!

PamperingBeki said...

That looks like a great time!

Your family is beautiful.

Love that (vintage?) glass rooster below too.

Brenda Eason said...

I love your family and how close they are . Sharon it is so important you you and your hubby have set a great example.

Heather said...

how fun! you have a relative in MD?? if you ever come to MD I hope we can get together while you're here :)

Mumzie said...

You have a wonderful family and I love the pictures of your reunion. Great food too, may I add. Mumzie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...