Friday, July 3, 2009

My new vintage table!

I have been looking for a round table for our office for about a year now and I finally found one! It is old fashioned looking and in the dark cherry wood that I wanted for that room. The best part.....it was only $12.00 at a thrift store!
It is not in the best shape and was sooooo dirty! I first cleaned it up with Windex and then I used Lemon Pledge to shine it up. It has some water stains on the top, so I will have to hide them with a lace doily.
It has another little problem too, it is missing one of it's decorative pieces on one of the legs. I just figured for that price, I'll take it and strategically place the broken leg against the wall where it's hidden.
This is the table that I had there before. It is too small and just doesn't have the feel that I wanted.
Here's the new table! I think it looks so much better. Now I need to find a lace topper. I first tried this one and didn't care for it too much.
Then I tried this one and I think I like it better. My grandmother, Ethel, made this! It is a round piece of old linen with crocheted lacy edge all the way around it. I just love it and am thrilled that I have it out on display again!
Here it is all decorated.
I "stole" these things from other parts of the house to see what it would look like. Those are pictures of my sons that are normally in the living room. Three of them are graduation pictures and Hayden's is his school picture from last year. Now I am on the hunt for some new silver antique looking frames to put here as well as a new planter and a new plant.
I'm pleased with how it turned out. As an added bonus, I was able to use the old little table too. Earlier this summer Eric bought us a new brown wicker patio set for our back porch. It looks beautiful and works great, but we needed a little stand for our CD player. The old table is made of wicker and works great out there, so it's a win-win situation!
I am just thrilled with my new table. Now when I walk by the office it looks like a room from the 40s. I think the table looks perfect there and I am so happy that it was only $12.00!

I have today off and I think we will just be staying home today. We have been so busy and playing a lot lately by going to the city pool, shopping, to the swimming holes, etc. so I think I need to stay home and get some organizing done. I am planning on making chicken, rice and a veggie for dinner and Eric said he'd like to go on a bike ride and get ice cream cones this evening after dinner! Hope you have a wonderful day!

"Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart." Proverbs 3:3

Love, Sharon

14 comments:

adsgram said...

Sharon, what a great find...can't see all of the room, but with that cute table, and the sheer curtains and lace topper, what I can see is '40's for sure. Nice score at the TS. Enjoy the long weekend!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

~~Deby said...

What a cute table..you made it look beautiful...and what a deal of a price..
now at my house I would probably be putting some white'ish paint on it...I tend to do that these days..it is beautiful Sharon..and the vignette is perfect..
deby

Sondra said...

What a cute table and you fixed it up very nicely. Have fun on your bike ride and eating ice cream. That sounds like so much fun :)

Barbara said...

I found your site..thru a friend of a friend of a friend I guess. Enjoyed my visit...your table is a great find and I love what you did with it. Looks so lovely. Have a wonderful holiday....

be blessed

My Shabby Roses said...

The table looks great! And $12.00, what a great deal.
Have a wonderful 4th!

Anonymous said...

I love that look you have created there Sharon.

Pamela in OH

shamrock fields said...

Sharon--
I love the table! It looks so pretty by the window. I love the lace topper! Blessings-
Molly

Kathi said...

I love this table and the way you have things displayed on it. It is perfect. Your boys are all so handsome. I'm happy you found it. Love you, Kathi

Judy said...

That is a cute table and you displayed it so nicely. I loved reading about your family reunion.
Have a wonderful 4th celebration.

It's Jan! said...

What a great table! You have such a good eye for bargains!

Have a safe and happy 4th.

Jan!

jAne said...

Excellent find and looks just perfect in its new home. The lamp looks happy too. :o) Love your thrifting adventures. :o)

jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Hi Lynne and Pam,

Glad you liked my table! I hope that you both have awesome 4th of July celebrations!

Hugs, Sharon

Connie said...

Beautiful, sweetpea, and a great buy. I love those old round tables!
xoxo,
Connie

Sharon said...

Dear Lynne and Pam, I'm glad you like my little table. It was a real blessing!

Hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...