Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My invention.......

Can you guess what is going on here?
This is a quick solution for a little problem we have.
It's a makeshift door lock for.........
Our kitty, Krammer! You see, he has been naughty. We used to feed him in the kitchen like normal people, but he would come in to eat and then he would sneak upstairs and hide under a bed, so when it was time for us to go somewhere, he would get left in. He does not come when we call him and it seems like I would either forget he was up there or I wouldn't have time to go hunt him down. He started having "accidents" in the house and I was getting really mad about it. I bought a litter box, but was getting fed up with that too. So, my solution was to put his food in the office and feed him in there. The door does not lock and does not really even latch all the way, so he was able to use his paws to open it and he would run upstairs and hide. So, I simply put a little nail on the wall and used a rubber band to hold the door shut! It works perfectly! Now he can come in for a bite to eat, can take a nice nap in the office chair and I can always find him to put him out!

Do you guys ever have funny inventions like this to solve a unique problem? It seems like we are always doing weird things like this! I would love to hear what your innovative inventions are!

Have a happy day!

"O satisfy us with Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

Love, Sharon

13 comments:

blushing rose said...

Great chuckle to awake with ... they have minds of their own! TTFN ~Marydon

Diva Kreszl said...

Thanks for reminding me of our own "invention", when my youngest son was a toddler he would get it to the pantry and make a mess. Of course it had no lock so I used a clothes pin attached to the door frame to keep him from getting in! Love your kitty...very cute and obviously very smart!!!

Jocelyn said...

good idea ! Our new kitty wanted outside so bad , so we let him out side and now he doesnt want out!

So, we put the litter box outside and all of his toys, hopefully that will do it!

Dana said...

that was a good idea. I have the same problem with shutting cats ina room and forgetting. One peed in dads travel bag and he had to buy a new one. My 17 year old son finally expressed an interest in getting a drivers license. I was dreading this day:)

Linda said...

Krammer is so cute! I think your invention is great and perfect a soultion for your independent little guy...hugs, Linda

Marina Capano said...

fantastic post!


xoxo

Heather said...

what a great idea! you're so smart!!

Sondra said...

Great idea Sharon! You are so smart. Congrats to Hayden on passing his test. I love those shots of your 'fear' faces and him in the background. Those are so priceless! So, he is the last one to drive? Wow, Austin can get his permit in December. I can't believe it.

Shelley said...

Great idea,it works...thats what counts. Had fun catching up on your blog....
I know a lot about riding with teens...SCARY....

Blessings

Walking on Sunshine... said...

I can honestly say I don't have any! Oh, once years ago we had a drippy faucet and you could hear it and it was so annoying. So I hung a piece of string down and it didn't drip anymore. But yours is really good. Hope it works!

luvmy4sons said...

Aaaawh! What a picture of the kitty staring up...who can blame the feline for wanting to come in your wonderfully cozy home! What a hoot!

Jan Parrish said...

You know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention. Great job Sharon.

Kathi said...

Oh, what a perfect idea! You always come up with the best solutions. What a cute kitty. Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...