Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life is a bowl of cherries!

I picked these beautiful cherries off of our tree in the backyard!
Oh how I wish you could taste them, they are so delicious! We have two other varieties of trees in our little orchard. I think I'll be making a pie this weekend.

Do you like the cute little cherry bowl? I found this a few weeks ago at Goodwill when I was with the BAG Ladies at our girls getaway. Perfect for my fresh cherries! I am grateful to the Lord for giving us cherry trees and all the other fruit trees. I read a devotional recently that our prayers are often like fruit, sometimes God doesn't answer right away, we have to wait until the answer is "ripe". We don't want it answered if the timing is not right and it is too soon. We have to trust God that He will answer in the right time.

Hope you have a beautiful day!

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Galatians 5:22

Love, Sharon

10 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Oh, how lucky you are to have a cherry tree in your backyard. They are beautiful and look great in your new bowl. Your devotion spoke to me today as I have some sad things I am dealing with and praying every day. Sometimes I can't help but wonder whether my prayers will be answered, but I continue to trust God. I'm just wondering if you have any devotional type books that you have found to be really helpful?

Thanks,
Kim

Mardell said...

Oh yum!

Sharon ~ they look deeelish! I used to climb cherry trees when I was young. Could stay up there all day. But go figure ~ I don't really like cherry pie. (?)

Happy belated Birthday to your sweet dad. Loved your post about the party. SUPER sweet & SUPER special. God bless him. What a wonderful family you have. :o)

Hugs,
Mardell

Walking on Sunshine... said...

wow, they came from your own trees? That's amazing. Enjoy some pie!! Love fruit pies, any kind! Love the bowl as well, perfect to hole your cheeries!

Brit said...

They looks so yummy! I love cherries, but unfornately I do not have some myself.
Yes, it is good to know that God knows when the right time is for answering us.
I hope you too have a beautiful day!

Jan Parrish said...

We have three cherry trees in our back yard. The birds are having a hey day. I guess I should make them share...

Elena said...

Your cherries look delicious. I am so glad I read your post! I need to call my husband to remind him to bring the big bag of cherries that his boss gave him home tonight. He left them in the fridge at work yesterday! Ha ha

grey like snuffie said...

I'm doing the Esther Bible study AGAIN..so much to take in. This last week was about timing and waiting on God...the famous Is. 40 verse about waiting on the Lord...it was a duh moment for me again as I was challenged to remember that I am waiting on Him...not waiting on the "things" I'm seeking Him about.....

Those cherries look wonderful. I think I'm a little jealous. :o)

Where My Treasure Is said...

Wow those cherries look amaaazzing!!

Can you send some my way!?? =)

Bellamere Cottage said...

It looks like your cherries may be Rainier's??? I'm not a cherry fan, but I can eat Rainier's until the tree is empty! They look delish!

Blessings,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Pass some through the screen PLEASE!! Sharon you brought back memories of picking cherries off the tree when I was a kid. The juice would run down the fingers -- but oh the homemade goodies that we made!!! Makes me wish we still had those Cherry trees!Store bought just are not the same thing! LOL
Karyl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...