Monday, July 27, 2009

Hayden got his driver's permit!

I took Hayden to the DMV to get his driver's permit.
He has been studying the book for quite awhile and he was ready to head down and take the test. He did a little bit of last minute studying in the car.
Here we go!
He took the test and passed with flying colors! Here he is getting his vision checked.
Oh boy, now he has a permit to drive! I am so proud of him! He got it on his first try!
The next day I took him out to a lonely country road to teach him how to drive. This is the very same road that I taught Mackenzie, Cameron and Grayson how to drive. For the first lesson he just got acquainted with the car and drove up and down this road several times.
Would you trust this teenager to drive your car????
I was trying to get pictures of how I was feeling.........
I took several shots. They are not very good pictures of me, but the funny thing is what I found when I got home and downloaded the photos. Hayden is making funny faces in the background! He cracks me up! Here he's looking oh so cool.
Here's he's saying, "Ya, it's me driving this car."
This one he's looking board with his mother and her photography.
Here he's saying, "Enough already, I want to drive this baby!" He's so funny!
He actually did quite well. I was very proud of him.
He's a natural, I think I'll be able to survive this. The law in Oregon is kids are supposed to have 100 hours of driving with an adult before they can apply for their license. Today he knocked off a half hour of training, only 991/2 hours to go! Oy vey! I hope I can get through this! I've done it three times before and I can do it again!

Things have been quite hectic around here and my vacation is now over. I have so many things I'd like to share, but I just don't know when I can have time for blogging. I really hope to get back on a regular schedule with my posts, but I am not sure when. I hope all of you out there are having a great summer! God bless you!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

City Girl Country Heart said...

Hi Sharon! Im glad to see you here!!
My youngest just got her permit last week too, Im not looking forward to the driving now :( I want her to still be the baby!
Sounds like you have been very busy, cant wait to hear about it. I hope your well and feeling great , take care and make sure you dont over heat in this weather we are having! I miss your sisters blog, hope she's well- please tell her hello for me.
Stephanie

Walking on Sunshine... said...

We are going through this now as well with my daughter Olivia. She's able to go for her license but still needs to learn how to park. And that I'm leaving up to hubby to teach! Very nerve wracking! Hope you survive, but it seems you have with the other kids! Enjoy!

jAne said...

Congrats to your 4th son for getting his permit! Love the pictures of the process and your funny reaction to him driving. hehe. :o)

We're off to the coast for a few days - looking sooo forward to getting away from the heat!

Bless you,
jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

luvmy4sons said...

Is this your baby getting his permit? I feel your trepidation! I have two down and two to go...Blessings!

Amy said...

Congratulations on your son's permit! I love the pictures of your "feelings". Y'all are so cute!

It's Jan! said...

Oh Sharon, I've been in the passenger's seat 4 times with the kids and once with my brother. I remember those days! We even laugh about them now.

I love to read your blog, so I've really missed you, but I'm so happy that you are busy with your family and wringing all you can out of vacation.

Come back soon!
Jan

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Hayden. Look at his big smile.

Sharon today is my daughters 30th Birthday!!!!

I just sent her some flowers!

She and her hubsband
and 2 year old daughter
live 2000 miles away from
us.

Pamela

linda said...

Oh man, I remember those days! Good luck! I was never a good "passenger" when my kids were learning to drive. I had my husband do most of the training as it didn't bother him a bit, he was sooo calm!

I've missed reading your posts lately but completely understand the time issue. I haven't blogged much either. I made it my goal to blog less this year as I was spending too much time on the computer. I don't spend nearly as much time on it now.

Take care and have a great week Sharon!

Heather said...

congrats to him! what a big step! very exciting too!!

blushing rose said...

Hey, hey! Hayden!! You go fella. Congrats. TTFN ~Marydon

PS do you have the Tylenol nearby, Mommy? Chuckle!

Elena said...

Congratulations to Hayden!

~~Deby said...

Congrats to Hayden....your pics were so funny....too cute..you can do this...you can do this...
deby

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
What a cute post! The pictures are so priceless!!! I love the pictures of you and Hayden! We have that on our summer "to do" list as well! The people at our DMV are not very nice, so we are dreading it! Blessings-
Molly

LillySue said...

You and me together, Sister! Holly will be taking her test soon and then we shall start building up her hours by the grace of God!
Blessings~LillySue

Mardell Lamb said...

Congratulations to Hayden! :o) Love the pics Sharon ~ you crack me up with those faces! LOL Will he be able to take Driver's Ed? It's part of our school curriculum here. Some schools don't offer it though. Big savings on insurance if he takes the course.

Take care & take things one day at a time!

Hugs,
Mardell

Marina Capano said...

Sharon, Hi!
What a cute post!
you have handsome boys,congrats!

xoxo

Kathi said...

This was a cute post Sharon. Congrats to Hayden. Victoria is dragging her feet, but she is reading the book. Have a great day. Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...