Monday, July 6, 2009

BAG Lady get away!

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of having a girls get away with my BAG Lady friends! From left to right, Kathleen, Brenda, Eileen, me, Virginia and Lori. Our other friend, Gail, could not make it this year. BAG stands for Bargains At Goodwill. We all met at church and became fast friends and what really solidified the friendship was our love for thrifting and shopping at Goodwill! We started going to Sunriver near Bend, Oregon about seven years ago. We go every June and we just have a blast!
This was my room this year. It was so quiet,beautiful and serene and the mattress was really comfortable!
On the first day we got there at about 4:00. We unpacked and had a lovely meal. Brenda and I were in charge of the first dinner. A few weeks earlier we all met and decided the menu and we planned really easy, yet delicious meals. We warmed up rotisserie chicken, made Rice-A-Roni, green beans with bacon and dinner rolls.
We lounged around A LOT of the time and just visited, caught up, shared ups and downs over the past year and we laughed a TON!
It was so great to be able to relax and really not have any responsibilities!
The next day we jammed in my car and went to Bend to several thrift stores!
We had so much fun!
Here's Virginia with her goodies!
Eileen, me and Virginia at a cute thrift store. Look at the wonderful Hull vase that I found! Virginia found a gorgeous flower painting and the cute red hat!
Here's Lori being silly in front of the store.
One of our traditions is we all buy a pretty wine glass while we are there and we use them all weekend. Didn't we get pretty ones this year? Can you guess which one is mine? Yep, it's the red stemmed one; I just love it!
We made up a bunch of appetizers and set them by the hot tub.
We had such a fun and relaxing time chill'n out in the hot tub before dinner. Now that's what I call happy hour!
Another fabulous meal.
This time we had lasagna, green salad and garlic bread! Delicious!
The next day we made up a picnic lunch of sandwiches, chips and fruit.
We were heading out to go to a bunch of garage sales!
Time for dinner again! On this night it was barbecued steak, baked potatoes, broccoli and Hollandaise sauce! What a wonderful meal!
Another tradition we have is all during the year we are supposed to be on the hunt for a $10.00 gift from Goodwill to bring to our retreat and we do a gift exchange. These are the pretty things that were given this year. I drew the beautiful crystal bowl in the front of the picture and it came with two crystal candlesticks. We all look forward to this!
Here's a picture of us eating our picnic lunch in the car!
We were having so much fun!
Well, the trip is over and we are back at home sweet home. Here's four of the girls in front of a VERY crowded car! It was so crazy how much stuff we had packed in there!
I am so thankful for my BAG Lady girlfriends. I love this tradition of getting away together, it is all good! We not only have so much fun together and get some great R&R, but we also inspire one another, pray for one another, listen to each other and exchange great Godly advise. Also, it makes all of us really appreciate our husband, children and homes and we can't wait to get back to all of them!

"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:3

Love, Sharon

14 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Sharon, I just happened upon your blog and have truly enjoyed my visit.
It certainly looks like you ladies had a blast! How lucky to have such wonderful friends and I have to say your meals all sounded so delicious!
~Karen

Tanza said...

Hi Sharon,
It looks like you all had a great time together.. I too, do this once a year with my "cottage friends".. We change the destination each year, Temecula, Palm Springs,Agoura Hills.. Anywhere with sweet Cottage shoppes, and fun places to go.. We also, have to buy one special something somewhere, and than the last nite we play a game that we share these with each other.. Always a blast..Thanks for sharing your special week-end..God bless your day.. hugs ~tea~

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, what FUN!! :o) I'm so glad you had a great time. Now I can understand why you look forward to this getaway so much! Your GF's are a lovely bunch of ladies.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Mardell

PS: Love your little round table, too. Just beautiful. What a score!

Kathi said...

Sharon, This looks so fun and enjoyable. I'm a Bag Lady Wanna Be. Maybe next year? Love you, Kathi

Amy said...

I've got to start a BAG ladies getaway. I hope you don't mind me using your idea. I would love it...going to Denver Aug. 1 for A Paris Street Market for my first time. Hoping I can get a group of friends to go with me next time and hit some Goodwills while we are there. :)

adsgram said...

What a nice trip for you and the B.A.G. Ladies!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

blushing rose said...

What a fun time you obviously had. Nice way to share time & enjoyment together. The dinners looked pretty yummy, too. TTFN ~Marydon

Jan Parrish said...

Sharon, that looks like so much fun. I love those gorgeous wine glasses.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

I remember your pictures from last year. What fun! Now what did you buy??? :)

Blessings

Gina

luvmy4sons said...

You bag ladies are such fun! LOL!! Hope you can come by today-very honest post today. Blessings!

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell and Lynne! We had such a great time, I do love my girlfriends! I hope you're having great summers!

:0) Shar

shamrock fields said...

This looks like fun! I am impressed with your meal planning skills! Wish I had a group like that to get together with. Blessings-
Molly

Irritable Mother said...

Wow - that weekend sounds totally wonderful!!!
How blessed you are - great friends, time away, AND great bargains!
Thanks for stopping by today, and for your kind words.

Elena said...

Wow, that looked like so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...