Friday, June 12, 2009

Too many irons in the fire???

Isn't it funny how finding one little treasure can create a project? That's what happened to me recently. I wasn't looking for this particular item, but I came across this wonderful vintage fireplace tool holder at Goodwill for $3.99. I grabbed it quick. I have never owned a fireplace tool set and never really thought about it, but when I saw this cutie I decided I needed one! The problem is it didn't have the tools with it, so I was on the hunt for a petite sized hearth tool set.
I was really excited when only a week later I found this small set. I paid $5.99 for it. It is not quite Victorian, but I think it will work.
I took it outside and spray painted it gold. I didn't need the stand, but I thought, wow, that will work great to hold the tools while I paint them! And it did! I was a bad girl though and didn't lay newspapers down under it and I painted the rocks gold too! I can't believe I did that! I didn't even realize it until I was all done. I was able to kick the rocks around and you couldn't even tell. Whew!!!
Okay, here's the finished project! I think it looks pretty good! It will be nice to have the hearth tools so handy too!

Enjoy your day!

"Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord." Jeremiah 23:29a

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

Lisa said...

The miracle of spray paint!

Linda said...

Sharon, this looks great....it looks like they were made for each other...hugs, Linda

Jocelyn said...

Got to love some gold pray paint!

I got spray paint on Shawns classic car once. eeeeks !

He was fine with it becasue it was on the chrome and it comes off, but boy was I sweating it!

I loved the tea set too. I was just at goodwill and bought Nordies jeans two pair for 20 bucks, IN NORDIES I wouuld have paid over 130 !! Love IT!

Judy said...

What a great find Sharon...We have a wood stove and could use a few of the tools in there.

It has been fun catching up on your blog...It's been a while since I've visited.

Congratulations to Grayson on his graduation. What a wonderful idea with the scrapbook, it's always fun to look back.

Kathi said...

Oh, you amaze me with your talent and ability to see what could be. It's perfect. Love you, Kathi

Brit said...

Very nice! I love that color.
You has been lucky who got it so cheap.
I have an award waiting for you on my blog for awards:
www.bkverndal.blogspot.com
Never mind it says you shall give it to 15 others. I did, but you doesn't need to. Give it to who you want.
Have a nice weekend!:-)

Where My Treasure Is said...

Great job! I just love the wonders a bottle of spray can't can do =)
I wish I could find neat stuff like that when I go to goodwill!

Have a great weekend!

Lady Farmer said...

What great finds! You must have some really great shops near you. I don't ever seem to be able to find good things ~ perhaps I just don't have "and eye" for things!
Blessings!

Heather said...

they look great! what a perfect addition and for such a great price too!

grey like snuffie said...

Way to go...I've done painting of rock types of things before...life is short...my 90 year old Mother in Law says we all work too hard, worry too much and SHOULD HAVE MORE FUN!

Elena said...

So cute! You are so very creative:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...