Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thank you God for everything!

Today is Praise and Worship Sunday at my daughter-in-love's blog, Sweet Nothings. I've been so busy I did not pick out a song, but I do want to praise the Lord today! I have so much to be thankful for!
If we stop and look around at our world, there are so many things to be grateful for! Things like kitties sunning themselves on the front porch!
God has made such a beautiful world for us to live in and enjoy. I am so thankful for all the beautiful things in nature, the sunshine, sunsets, rivers, lakes, ponds, trees, grasses, flowers, birds, bugs, deer, wild animals, the list can go on and on! Then we have our wonderful family and friends that the Lord has placed in our lives. I have so many wonderful people in my life and I am truly grateful. The biggest gift God has given us is His one and only son, who came to earth to die for our sins and He arose on the third day! He will come back one day too!
We even need to be thankful for the hard times we go through as those times bring us closer to God. They can bring us to a place where we should always be and that is total dependence on Him. I also think that sometimes when life throws us the curve balls, it makes us really appreciate all our blessings too. I feel so much better than I did earlier this week, but I am still struggling a little bit with all of it. I am so thankful that I have the Lord to lean on. I am also so thankful for my family and friends and my blogging friends too! I praise God for all He has done for me.

Today we are having a big birthday bash for my father to celebrate his 80th!!!! I will be busy the next few days, so I'm not sure when I'll be back. I hope you have a great Sunday! God bless you!

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power, for Thou hast created all things,and for Thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11

In Him, Sharon


7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Praise Him! Praise Him! Jesus our Blessed Redeemer!

Beautiful Post sweet friend. I share your love for our Savior!

xoRebecca

Jan said...

Amen! Our god is an Awesome God who provides us with everything we need in his own time. I thank Him daily for all he has put in my life.

God bless,
Jan

Heather said...

Happy Sunday to you and Happy 80th birthday to your dad! have a great weekend!

adsgram said...

Happy Birthday to your Day! Have a great day, and enjoy your family!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Where My Treasure Is said...

He's SO worthy of our praise!! Great post!! Hope your dad has a very Happy 80th bday!!

Diana said...

God's beauty is all around us, isn't it! I have made the transition you spoke of. He is good and faithful.

jAne said...

He is always faithful!

Lovely post, Sharon. Thank you for sharing from your heart.

jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...