Sunday, June 14, 2009

If I know you



Today is Praise and Worship Sunday at my darling daughter-in-law Brittany's blog, Sweet Nothings. I love this song. It is called, "If I know You" by Out of the Grey. It is written and performed by husband and wife team, Scott and Christine Dente who are Out of the Grey, from their 1994 album called Diamond Days. This is so true about God. He is so good and so faithful and He turns our days into perfect surprises. I just love it. When we have bad days, we must remember all the good that He has done and remember that He is faithful and things will turn our right.


If I know You

She counts the hours as she recounts her tears

This day in life feels like a thousand years

But in the changing light of time a doorway forms in her mind

She smiles and sings the song that pulls her through

If I know You, You will turn this day into a perfect surprise

If I know You like I think I do the worst of times will work out right

If I know You, You will turn this day into a perfect surprise

If I know You like I think I do the worst of times will work out right

So many hours spent fearing the hours ahead

I would do better to remember You

For in the changing light of day

You always seem to paint the way

In softer hues and brush away my blues

If I know You, You will turn this day into a perfect surprise

If I know You, like I think I do the worst of times will work out right

If I know You, You will turn this day into a perfect surprise

If I know You like I think I do the worst of times will work out right

I know You, You will turn this day into a perfect surprise

If I know You, and I know I do, the worst of times will work out right

I know You, You will turn this day into a perfect surprise


If I know You, and I know I do, the worst of times will work out right

Lord, I know there's hope in sight

You will get me through if I know You

Have a beautiful, restful, peaceful, spiritual Sunday!

In Him, Sharon

5 comments:

Kathi said...

You are so right, Sharon. God does this for us. I love this song too. Love you, Kathi

Leah said...

Great song....first time I've heard it.

Have a great Sunday. :)

Brit said...

Thank you for sharing! Something's wrong with the sound on my computer just now, so I cannot hear it. But you wrote the text. Thank you so much!
It is good to know that God knows us.
Have a blessed week! Hugs.

Heather said...

great great song!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful, Sharon!

You are blessed to have a DIL wise beyond her years...a true gift from the Lord...

xoRebecca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...