Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grayson's Graduation Night!

Here he is, my third son in his graduation gown prior to his graduation ceremony. Where did all the time go? When did he get so big?
Here he is opening the card we gave him with a lil $umpin $umpin in it!
Proud Mama before the ceremony.
His girlfriend, Rachelle. She picked him up and took him down to the school early. Here he is walking in to Pomp and Circumstance. He looks so cool in his glasses! I got a little emotional, but not bad at all. It was really fun and exciting!
We were in the high school gym. I have never seen it so crowded. There were so many people there! Grayson has 102 kids in his class, that is one of our school's biggest classes. I told you we are a small town with a small school!
I kept trying to get pictures of him, but it was hard. He was sitting in the back row. Can you see him back there?
This is when they were all standing waiting to take their turn going up front and receiving their diplomas.
I snuck out to the front of the gym and got a good picture of him right after he received his diploma and he was moving his tassel from the right side to the left.
This little act represents 13 years of education and a lot of hard work. It was a great experience for him!We are so very proud!!!
Here he is walking out. The whole ceremony only lasted one hour!
Proud Mama and Papa!
Proud brothers! Proud grandparents!
Mackenzie and beautiful Brittany with the new grad.
Grayson and Rachelle. She looks so pretty....with her hair up she reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. You can see Rachelle's pretty mother behind Grayson.
Grayson and his good friend Garrett.
His good friend, Ryan.
Here he is with his basketball coach, Stan.
With his track coach, Dave. And his principal, Jan. Grayson was always fond of his principal and I know the feeling was mutual! I am so very thankful for all the wonderful teachers and coaches and other great role models in his life who influenced him in so many ways.
Rachelle decorated his hat for him. Isn't it cute!
It was a happy night, there was lots of goofing around between the brothers!
Celebrate!
Mackenzie is giving a little monetary gift to his brother. Look at Grayson's face! They all crack me up so much! I love it when they're all together.
Me and my boy. I cannot express how very proud I am of my son! Good job Grayson! We all love you so much!
After it was over the graduates got on two charter buses and were whisked off to an unknown destination (to them). It was a family fun center up near Portland. The Grad Committee that I was on worked hard to earn enough money to rent the facility for four hours and also pay for the charter buses to take them up there and back. They arrived back home at 6:30 AM. Grayson said they all had such a wonderful time. It was a neat way for them to end their high school career together.

Next I'll be sharing pictures of the party we gave in Grayson's honor with family and friends. Guess what, I have only teared up a little, I have not done a full-blown, melt-down cry yet! I sure hope I don't do it. Things are looking good for him. He is registered for college next year and he has a very important job interview on Thursday. Please pray that he does well! We are so thankful to the Lord for getting him so far with this interview process already. I will tell you more about it later!

Hope you have a great day!

"This is what the Lord says, "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." Jeramiah 6:16

Hugs, Sharon

20 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, You've been in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations on this new accomplishment in parenting. I attended a small school. Our senior class was the largest at that time with 82 seniors. Following his senior year on your blog brought back alot of memories because I could see so many similarities to our school, but that was quite a while ago, and I didn't know if anyone did some of the same things. I guess they do. xo rachel

jAne said...

Oh golly how exciting. :o) Congratulations to your son, Sharon!

jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

p.s. my husband and I graduated in a class of 921. gulp. it took *forever* to get through the ceremony...in 105 degree weather outside.

Jan said...

As the mom of 4, three of them boys, it's okay to cry, we all know they are tears of joy! When I hear Pomp and Circumstances, I tear up...it happens every time.

Looking at your boys reminds me so much of mine. Never a dull moment!

Congrats to the graduate AND the parents!

Jan in PA

Elena said...

Congrats to Grayson!

BittersweetPunkin said...

I am so happy for all of you, CONGRATULATIONS to your Graduate!!

Hugs,
Robin

Jocelyn said...

What a proud Mom ! I know I was so excited and sad and worried about Lucas graduating. It has been a roller coaster for sure!
Grayson is so handsome and so lucky to have parents like you and Eric.

Is he still going to be living at home?

Prayers for you!

Heather said...

what a wonderful graduation! cracks me up that he is in shorts underneath his gown! i can remember my graduation many many moons ago and everyone had to dress up under their gowns-boys had to wear dress pants, dress shirts & ties! i can remember girls had to wear white dresses or light colored dresses because our gowns were white so you could see through them if you had dark clothing underneath. so strict! my graduating class was just over 300 kids too! we were the largest up to that year, after us it kept getting larger! love all your photos. i can't wait to see the ones from the grad party you threw!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

So happy for you!! You look so beautiful in the picture with him! Seems like a great time. And I love what he wore underneath!! I guess they've relaxed the rules since I've graduated. I remember there being strict requirments as to what we wore underneath! Hope he does well on his job interview!!! Congratulations!! To both of you! This song always makes me cry...why???

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon--
Congratulations to Grayson!!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!!! We have just been through graduation ourselves--I was determined to enjoy and not cry--so far I have just lightly teared up a few times!!! Bless you-
Molly

Linda said...

What an exciting and happy evening...congratulations to Grayson and all the best to him in his future endeavors.
Sharon, as soon as I heard Pomp and Circumatances I got tears in my eyes...can't help it. I think a proud mom is entitled to a tear or two. Hugs, Linda

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
You've been in my thoughts & prayers. I can really understand the emotions you've been going through. It's hard to explain to my youngest (just turned 5 yesterday), why we cry when we're happy. (And obviously there's sadness mixed in w/the happiness.)

Our average classes here are between 70-75. However, they still manage to jam-pack the auditorium. I am so thankful they don't hold the ceremonies outside. Waaaay too hot if you ask me! :o)

Hope the party was fun (I'm sure it was!) What will Grayson be doing now? Did you ever get the scrapbook done? What a major project that was! :o)

Take care.
Hugs,
Mardell

adsgram said...

Congratulations, Grayson! You have done yourself and your fmily proud!

Sharon...you are doing GREAT!!!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Kathi said...

What wonderful photos and memories. Your boys have a special bond. I love to see the way they act and the way they love one another. Congrats to Grayson. Love, Kathi

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
Many congratulations to Grayson, I know you all are very proud of him, I so enjoyed looking at all of your pictures and you sharing this wonderful time with us. I know about holding back tears for him, but i also know about the time I did let go, and that is okay. Blessings to all,
Sue

Sondra said...

Congrats to Grayson. What a wonderful moment for you. Bitter-sweet -huh?

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell,

It has been an emotional roller coaster and I am in a little fear that the worst is still coming as I still have not had a major cry. Perhaps I won't and that will be great with me, but I'm a little worried. Enjoy your little 5 year old, they grow up sooooo fast! Enjoy every minute!

I'll be sharing the scrapbook sometime soon. Grayson got it all done the morning of the party!

:0) Sharon

Sharon said...

Thank you Lynne so much! This is an exciting time!

Hugs!

Kelly said...

Happy Graduation to Grayson! What a blessed event! LOL about the silly string! GREAT photos, Sharon!

Kelly said...

P.S. Grace is sitting here with me and she loves the Pomp and Circumstance playing, LOL!

Rosemary said...

Its so interesting to hear about graduation traditions in different parts of the US :)
Megans class had over 800 grads. The ceremony was over in two hours. We went out to eat with friends afterwards , then attended several grad parties.
I noticed alot of schools have an after graduation party type thing for all the seniors, likes grayson had at the fun center. The schools down here have it after prom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...