Monday, June 15, 2009

First days of summer...........

Oh how I love the first days of summer! Last Tuesday was the last day of school for my youngest son, Hayden. I had to work that day, but I asked my boss if I could come into the office a little late so I would have time to make pancakes and see him off to school.
It was fun sitting and having breakfast together. He was pretty happy that this was the last day of school!
I went to work and he rode his bike to school. School got out at 12:30 that day. I told Hayden that he could invite a few friends over to hang out and spend the night.
When I got home from work I found them all in the pool.
When they got home from school Eric was home and they got a big metal bin and burned all their homework!
It's so fun to know that summer's here and they have three whole months until school starts again!
Later I found them just hanging out and talking on the trampoline.
The next morning I got up and took my usual 6:00 am walk with my neighbor, Shelly. Oops, you can see a piece of my pajama fabric poking out near my shoe. I always just throw my sweats on over my jammies! It's so fun to walk in the summer when it is warmer and it's light outside!
When I got home from my walk I snapped these pictures.
They slept under the stars on the trampoline all night!
What fun memories they have created!
I enjoyed my morning coffee and my devotional time with the Lord out on the front porch.
It looks like the blue sky is trying to poke through! Maybe it will be a sunny day! We have had very typical Oregon June weather this year, mostly overcast. I am so ready for the sun to shine!
Oh how I love my mornings in the summer on my porch with the Lord!
Later Hayden and I went out for a delicious breakfast!
Oh, how I love summer!

I hope you have a very good day!

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths." Psalm 25:4

Hugs, Sharon
P.S. Grayson and his buddy's got home safe from their trip last night and they sure had a great time! I'm so thankful!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

What a blessing! If only we could all embrace your ability to keep our children completely in our focus at all times. How do you do it all? You get the Supermom award from me dear friend! God Bless You!!!

grey like snuffie said...

I am now hungry. :o) Our girls and their friends loved the trampoline---it became the place for long conversations. How fun to burn all the homework...grand idea.

jAne said...

You wrote:

"When they got home from school Eric was home and they got a big metal bin and burned all their homework!"

This just cracked me up, Sharon. Love it!

Making memories, special times, heartfelt action, blessings. I so appreciate and love your example.

jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Kathi said...

Sharon, Your day looks so fun and peaceful. You are such a good mother.

I'm still suffering from this head cold. Kelli told me Whitney had it for 3 weeks.

Will you please ask Eric if he wants to by beef? It's good and tasty. Love ya, Kathi ps 1/4 a beef is about 150 lbs and cost $2.25/lb plus .50/lb cut and wrap. A half beef is $2/lb.

Anonymous said...

They had a great day Sharon! How Fun!
Pamela

Jessica said...

Hey girl- my ex is harassing me on my blog so I am going to have to change my address. Email me to JessP7@aol.com and I can give you the new address.

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Great post, Sharon, I enjoyed the pics. of the boys having fun, especially sleeping out on the tramboline, how cool is that!.
I am like you i so look forward to that time with the Lord on my porch.Have a great week.
Hugs,
Sue

Judy said...

I remember my older kids sleeping on the trampoline. What a fun way to begin the summer.

Heather said...

now that's my kind of day! i love that the boys slept on the trampoline overnight. what a great idea. looks comfy too! and burning the homework, lol- that's awesome!

~~Deby said...

oh what sweet memories...
we have been enjoying the SUNSHINE for weeks up here in the Puget Sound...it has been WONDERFUL.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...