Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Feeling better........

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers and sweet comments of encouragement and support. I am feeling better now. I felt your prayers!
I have spent much time in prayer and in God's word. A sweet friend of mine, Desi, suggested that I read in 2 Corinthians, which I did and I found this passage helpful:

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.
It is just amazing to me how God's word is alive and true and can speak to us in our time of need. I am so thankful that Jesus is the great comforter and that I can go to Him when I am down or have a need.

I have been doing a lot of soul searching and trying to learn the big lesson here. I do feel that my hormones are a piece of the puzzle as well as my role changes and life stresses, it is kind of a recipe for disaster, but I am going to hold on to the Lord through it all! I read a neat passage today in Streams in the Desert, by L.B. Cowman. She talks about Matthew 14:29-30 when Peter tries to walk on the water towards Jesus, but he gets his eyes off of Jesus and starts sinking. That is how we are. That is how I am. I need to keep my eyes on Jesus, not the situation. She says, "When the Lord calls you to come across the water, step out with confidence and joy and never glance away from Him for a moment."

She goes on to say, "Attempting to survey the danger may actually cause you to fall before it. Pausing at the difficulties will result in the waves breaking over your head."

Then she gives a wonderful scripture found in Psalms, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." Psalm 121:1.
On top of everything else going on around here, my hubby's spider bite is acting up. In case you didn't know, about three weeks ago he was bitten by a brown recluse spider. We got him to the doctor and on antibiotics right away. The wound ran it's course and eventually it got to the point where the doctor debrided it and it started healing up nicely. Well, last weekend it started turning dark burgundy red again in the center and the outside turned a bright red and the skin was hot. He went back to the doctor yesterday and started Septra DS. Last night he had a terrible reaction to the Septra with fever, chills, nausea, body aches, etc. I am really concerned for him. Can I ask you to please pray for him that that spider bite will heal and he will be okay from the medicine side effects.

Also, Grayson applied for a very important internship and interviewed and was told he was the fifth pick with four open positions. I am just praying for a miracle that perhaps one of the four that were chosen would back out for some reason and Grayson could get the job. This would mean so much to him and go right along with the career path he has chosen.
Thank you so much dear friends for your concern and prayers, I know that I have felt them. I think that this blogging world is so neat how we all pray for each other and even though many of us have never met, we are like dear close friends. I appreciate all of you. Please know that I pray for you as well.

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May He strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones." 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13

Love, Sharon

16 comments:

Shelley said...

Good morning Sharon,so glad to hear you are feeling better. God is so awesome and it so amazing how his wrod brings new life to our souls when everything eles fails...I said a prayer for your husbands healing and God's will be done concerning your son's job..
Have a blessed day...I enjoy the pictures. I have some jars very simular to yours. I call them my Keeping Jars!

Judy said...

I'm glad you're doing better and I will pray for both your husband and son. What a scary thing for your husband to be going through right now...and I'll keep prayers that he could have the job he's wanting. You just never know...My son applied for a second job but didn't get it. Then he got a call that he got the job. The first guy didn't work out so they called my son who was second in line.

I feel the same way about the blogging world.
Have a wonderful blessed day today.
Judy

jAne said...

My heart is hurting for you, Sharon. All the things mentioned in your last couple posts, along with your mother-in-love's health, husband's spider bite challenges, day to day life and other things that bring sadness or challenge...are all effecting you and at this time just beginning to erupt. ((((( tender embrace )))))

I understand. I'm going through some rather heavy things (multiple) myself and my heart aches deeply.

Thankful to join you in prayer . . .

jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

grey like snuffie said...

It is good for the body of Christ to share our growing pains...we indeed can be comforted with the comfort Christ has poured out on others. Praying favor for Grayson according to His will...isn't it cool that God already knows his path...He can see so many things we can't even imagine...will be fun to watch with you (but I get the easy part---outside of the situation).
Sorry to hear the spider bite has reared it's ugly head again...praying.
Blessings of all His best to you an yours today Sharon!!!

City Girl Country Heart said...

The power of prayer and positive thinking is amazing! Im glad to hear your doing better, hope you continue to have a great day !
Your Friend, Stephanie

Elena said...

I will be praying for your hubby and son, that all will go well for them.

Mrs. Farrah Ginter said...

I'm glad that you are better today, Miss Sharon. I understand what you are going through and went through a bit of this a few months ago. The Lord knows what you need!

The pictures on my blog today came from www.doverpublications.com. I signed up and received clip art emails every Wednesday.

Where My Treasure Is said...

So glad you're feeling better! Those roses are beautiful, too!

I said a prayer for your hubby and son today.
May the Lord bless your family!

Gail said...

Sharon~

Although I have been bad at leaving comments for you lately, I always check your blog- and pray for you. I am happy to hear you are feeling better. I can so relate to all you have written. I learned that I am going thru menopause already at 41- no fun! Our oldest just graduated high school , my husband changed jobs and we just moved- I hate changes! But they are just necessary I have been learning- and for me a, a chance to grow.
I will be praying for Eric and Grayson today.

God bless you :)

adsgram said...

Sharon...I am keeping good thoughts out there for Grayson, and Eric is definitely in my prayers.

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, glad things are better today.
Sorry to learn Eric had a flare up,I hope he is feeling better. You all will be in my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed for Grayson....hugs, Linda

Heather said...

sending many prayers your way for you and the family!

Sondra said...

So glad you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about Eric and his bite. I was bit by a brown recluse once too. It took a very long time for it to get better. I hope he gets to feeling better very soon.

Lisa said...

So glad you're feeling better! Thanks for sharing great advice and scriptures. I think we are all in the same boat...menopausal,children growing up,changes. But I know the best is yet to come and God is not through with us yet! PS I'm praying for your hubby.

Kim said...

I am sorry I didn't get by to send you some encouragement. I am glad you are feeling better. And I agree so much about God's word being alive. I am continually amazed at how he speaks to me through his word. I hope you continue to do better and I will keep your husband as well as you in my prayers.
Hang in there,
Kim

Rosemary said...

Sweet Sharon, i'm so glad your husband is much better after his spider bite! We have been going through the same thing. Megans fiance, nick is in iraq and was bitten by something,( i suspect a black widow) on his foot. The bite was so bad and infected there was talk of him losing his foot if it didn't start to get better. HE also had a allergic reation to medication :( He is finally on the road to recovery after several days of lots of pain. Heres hoping Eric and Nick both recover quickly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...