Saturday, June 6, 2009

Class of 2009 Senior Breakfast!

This is the committee that I served on to plan the All Night Alcohol Free Grad Party and the Senior and Parent Breakfast for the class of 2009. We had such an awesome committee! It is really wonderful to know that we planned these two huge events for our kids. We were very organized and we had fun while we were at it! We raised nearly $10,000.00!

As I looked around the crowded high school cafeteria, I realized that I was part of something that made lasting memories for the 102 graduating students and their parents! We had over 300 people attend the breakfast!

We did several fundraisers and sent letters out to businesses in our community asking for donations towards these two special events. People are so generous and helped us out so much. We also asked some businesses if they would donate things like muffins and fruit and because of the donations we were able to feed 300 people for only $250.00! That is truly amazing.
We served an assortment of muffins, bagels & cream cheese, yogurt a wide assortment of fruit, three types of juices, milk, coffee and cookies! Plus we had tons left over! One of the moms on the committee made thirty of these cute gift bag centerpieces. They turned out so nice!
Grayson and I enjoying the breakfast. Can you see all the people in the background? We had a full house! Eric and Hayden were there too, but I failed to get their pictures. :0(
We had enough money leftover that we had 50 door prizes for the students. Most of the gifts were $15.00 gift cards to local businesses. I was excited because Grayson won a $15.00 gas card!
We had a very special guest speaker, who happens to be our church pastor. His name is Danny and he used to play college football where he took the local college to the Rose Bowl as the quarterback. He gave a very encouraging and inspiring message.
Grayson and Garrett, or as they are often called, G&G. Two best friends who are ready to take on the world! I snuck inside the senior hallway and got a picture of Grayson's locker. He shares it with his girlfriend, Rachelle.
I thought it was so cute because he made this sign in his welding/shop class and it's been hanging on their locker all year. It just shows his personality so much!
After the breakfast all the seniors were given their cap and gown and had to practice for the big night. We ran into Rachelle during the morning school break and I got a quick picture of them together. She had tears in her eyes. It is hard for her because they are so crazy about each other and he is graduating, but she is just a sophomore, so she still will have two more years at the high school without him. She was so sweet. My heart goes out to her because 31 years ago I was in the very same boat! Eric and I were high school sweet hearts, but he was a year older than me. It was so hard walking around the school without him the next year, I missed him so much. In the next few days I'll be showing the pictures from the graduation ceremony and from our big party we're having for him.


I shouldn't even be blogging right now as I have so many things to prepare for our party. I hope you are having a great weekend!


Oh, one more thing....I took these pictures on Grayson's last day of school two days ago. 
 His last day of school forever!
 He's taking Hayden to school, just like he's done every day this year.
I'm so glad that they had this brother time together and that they got to go to high school together for at least one year. 
There they go. Have a great day boys! Have a great last day of school Grayson!
And here's his first day of kindergarten picture. Oh my goodness honey, when did you grow up? I miss this sweet little boy. I'm so very proud of who he grew up to be though!!!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God."Ephesians 2:8

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Heather said...

oh i know you are so busy but i am so glad you took a moment out to share this post with us! i love seeing the pictures and seeing all the fun things you all are doing to celebrate graduation. i can't wait to read more!

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a lovely breakfast. It's so neat that you are a huge part of everything at the school. The memories will be with you for a long time. Grayson's locker is so cute. It's so sweet he made that sign. They both look so sweet together. Love you, Kathi

adsgram said...

Too funny..I was going to say almost the exact words Heather said! I AM happy you took awhile to blog. I have been working on home (and garden) all day, and in between little bursts of energy, I make time to read a blog or two! Looks like your boys' school has tons of spirit and that your breakfast was a true success! Looking forward to seeing pics of all the rest of the festivities!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lynne

dlynne172@yahoo.com

Monica said...

yes,thank you for sharing this special time with us.
The senior breakfast looked great!Can't wait to see pics from the graduation!

BittersweetPunkin said...

How wonderful Sharon, the breakfast looks great!

I got a lil lump in my throat seeing your son in his cap and gown....cherish this moment!
Hugs,
Robin

oatbread said...

Thank You for taking the time out of your busy weekend to include us in all the excitement. Donna

Elena said...

Beautiful job on the breakfast! Your posts about Grayson graduating took me back in time to when I graduated from High School. You remind me so much of how my mom was. She always did so many special things for us and loved celebrating our graduations.

jAne said...

I love seeing what happens when committed parents come together making all things special. :o)

jAne at tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Dear Lynne and Donna, thanks for stopping by! We have been a a crazy whirlwind with all the grad activities, but it has been so fun!

Hugs, Sharon

Kelly said...

Oh Sharon,

I sincerely and truly pray someday that my daughters are so blessed to have a mother-in-law (or future mother-in-law...Rachelle and Grayson? ;o) like you! You're so compassionate, empathic, sweet, kind, devoted, loving and fun! The words that you wrote about relating to Rachelle as Grayson graduates and she stays behind were just so, so sweet. Your children are so blessed!

Praying for a wonderful start to many new things for Grayson!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...