Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Touched by an angel.......

I found this beautiful angel at St. Vincent De Paul's last week. Isn't she fabulous! She is made of resin but looks like she is carved out of wood.
My sister, Kelli, introduced me to these angels. She has a beautiful one that she displays in her living room. She told me a friend gave it to her and they are really collectible.
I was thrilled when I found this one at St. Vinney's and it was only 3.99! I looked on the Internet and they originally sell for about $28.00!
Mine is called "Angel of Faithfulness". I love her and I love her title!
I like it that she has a chicken and a basket of eggs. I also love her colors, they go well in my house. I think I will display her somewhere in my family room. She looks like she's a piece of antique folk art. I really, really like her! I feel kind of bad though because when I first bought her I was going to give her to my sister, but then I had second thoughts and am keeping her for myself! Am I horrible???? I hope not! Sorry Kelli, I'll make it up to you!!!!

We had a great time camping and will be sharing our adventures later this week. I hope that you had a great Memorial Day weekend and hope you have a beautiful week!

"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:11

Love, Sharon

11 comments:

Happy @ Home said...

You got a great deal on your angel, Sharon. I have 2 large pieces of Jim Shore's in my living room and spent a lot more than that on them. Once in a while Jim is on QVC. It is always interesting to hear him talk about his inspiration for creating each piece. He seems to be a very nice man.

adsgram said...

Sharon...

What a great find on the J. Shore angel. I have a pair of Thanksgiving Pilgrims from his collection. I agree... the workmanship is beautiful!

Have a wonderful day..

Lynne

dlynne172@yahoo.com

Brenda Eason said...

I have seen the angels and they are very pretty. I love how they look quilted,but full price I just can't do.

Heather said...

she's very pretty. i think you'll really enjoy having her in your home :)

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Welcome home! I look forward to hearing about your camping trip. :o)

I love Jim Shore's work! You found a real bargain! I don't think you're "bad" for wanting to keep her for yourself! LOL

Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell,

I thanks for the welcome back! We had a great time! Did you have a nice holiday? I hope so! I do love this angel. Thanks for saying I'm not bad! LOL!

Hugs, Sharon

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

She's lovely, Sharon. I did something like that once . . . bought a hammered copper angel as a thank you for a neighbor and then couldn't give it up. I think I gave her jelly instead.

Amy Ellen said...

She is very cute!!! What a great find!!
Hugs
Amy

Kathi said...

She's so pretty. Wow, you got such a great deal. Love you, Kathi

Linda said...

Your angel is just beautiful. Jim Shore creates the most wonderful pieces, this is a lovely addition to your home...enjoy...hugs, Linda

Sherry said...

I NEED HER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...