Tuesday, May 19, 2009

State Track!

Last weekend was the State Final track meet. The prelims were Friday and the finals were on Saturday. These first few pictures are from Friday night. Here's Grayson before his big race. He was running in just one event, the 4x400 meter relay. He runs the first leg of the race. Hayden was invited to go as the alternate for the 4x4 team, so it was neat that he got to have the State experience, even though he didn't get to run.
Grayson's girlfriend, Rachelle, came with us in our car and when she saw Grayson she gave him a kiss for luck!
She's such a sweet girl!
Here he comes! He's in lane 6 and he's first!!!!
Grayson ran the race of his life. We have never seen him run this fast, look how far ahead he got from the other guys! He ran the 400 in 50.5 seconds!!!! The top three teams in each heat move up to finals.
Our team took 2nd in the first heat! They're moving on to Finals tomorrow!! Whoot-hoo!!! Here's the team watching the score board for their time. They are the number two slot there with 3:34.85
We were all so happy! It was so much fun! We stopped for ice cream and Gray was so happy that he swooped up Rachelle! Look at the grin on his face! He's excited! Going to the State finals has been a big goal for him for the last two years and he has finally made it!!! Trying to decide which flavor's the best!
He fell asleep in the car on the ride home!
Okay, it's Saturday, day two of the State Finals. Here's Grayson's best friend, Garrett taking first place in the 110 high hurdles!!!! He's number one in State!!! Good job Garrett!
Grayson had lots of family support today. Here's Eric with his parents, Jim and Alice.
Cameron and me.
Mackenzie and Brittany. Isn't Brittany's new hair cut cute!!! I think she looks adorable!
Here come all the 4x400 teams. Grayson later told me he was so nervous at this point.
Here he comes again and he's first again! He ran another awesome race at 50.5!!!! Sadly though, their team did not do well, they ended up taking 6th in State.
Here they are getting their medals.
They don't look as happy as they did the week before when they took first place in Districts. But you know being 6th in the State isn't exactly horrible! I think they have a lot to be proud of!
After the initial sadness of losing was over, Grayson cheered right back up and he was really happy with his own personal best time that he picked up Rachelle again!
It does my heart good to know that my kids are happy!
The great news was that our school took 2nd place overall in the State Track meet! That is something to be very proud of! Our school has not placed that high in a long, long time, so the coach was very pleased. I think it was a great way to end the season. It was sad thinking that it was Grayson's last track meet ever, but after the meet he talked with the coach and the coach said he will talk to the Community College track coach about Grayson running for them! That was really neat news to hear! Oh, a funny little side note, because Hayden was the alternate, he was asked to be on the podium in the above photo as he represents our school at the State Meet (he's the third guy on the right)!! He was teasing and saying that was the fastest alternate at State or that he took State as an alternate! His time of shinning is coming!!! :0)

I hope that all of you are having a great week! I'm on my lunch hour right now. I worked yesterday and had another Grad Party Committee meeting last night and tonight some of the moms of the senior boys are going to dinner because we want to keep our friendships alive. I am looking forward to it. I also am looking forward to having a little down time, but I don't see that happening until July! I need to keep taking my vitamins to keep up this pace!

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with every-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." II Corinthians 3:18

God bless you! ~ Sharon

9 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon!!!! That is so exciting!! Way to go Grayson. He has worked so hard for that moment where he took first place. That is so wonderful. I'm happy for him too that he may be running in college!! Love you, Kathi ps I did a little post about track too.

A Romantic Porch said...

Yay! Way to go Grayson! I'm so proud. Yes, Sharon, take those vitamins. I hope everything is wonderful as you wrap up the Senior events! xorachel

jAne said...

Oh how exciting! Congrats to your son! I love the way you support your sons in all their endeavors. Such an example. :o)

Rachelle is lovely and Brittany's new haircut is very chic.

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

adsgram said...

Great job by the boys' school team! You all have a lot to be happy about. That picture of Grayson sleeping is the best...speaking from the point of view of a Mom of a married son! In the future, you will look at that one and just 'remember'!

Have a great day...

Lynne

dlynne172@yahoo.com

Sharon said...

Thank you Lynne! I try to soak it all in! I tell ya, taking all the pictures for the blog and writing about these things really helps me deal with the empty nest stuff because it is like I get to relive all the momements!

Have a beautiful day!

Hugs, Sharon

Brit said...

Congratulations to your son! He is so clever! You can be proud of him.

Brittany said...

Grayson did such a great job! We're so proud of him! I'm glad we got to come and watch the state meet! You've been so supportive of them! You're a great mom. Love you! Thanks for the comment on my hair...I like it too but think that is a horrible picture of me! hahaha!

Where My Treasure Is said...

I really enjoyed your post!

I hope your son is able to run for the community college..he seems to be very talented! ..and he and his girlfriend are adorable together!

Hope your week is going well!

Kari

Heather said...

that is definitely a great way to end the track season! congrats to your boys on a great season!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...