Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One last lunch and a senior prank.....


Throughout my kid's high school life I have occasionally picked them up from school and taken them out for lunch. Last week was the last time that I would be picking up Grayson for lunch at the high school, as he is graduating. I remember picking up Mackenzie and Cameron for lunch too when they were in high school. This time Hayden and Rachelle came along with us. We ate at this really cute little restaurant we have in town. We had burgers and onion rings. It was really tasty and really fun.
The night before this little luncheon Grayson and three of his buddies had a little adventure. They went out at 10:30 at night and snuck up on top of the high school gymnasium. They were doing a senior prank. At our high school senior pranks are a tradition. It's where a group of seniors get together and do something funny to the school like TP, filling the courtyard full of water, sticking plastic forks in the grass in front of the school, camping on the school property, etc...
Grayson and his buddies snuck on top of the roof and hung this huge wooden sign. It's actually two 3'x5' boards that they painted Class of 2009 on. They ever so cleverly hung the boards at the highest point of the school where all the students would see it. When he came home at 1:30 in the morning, he came in and told Eric and I that it was so much fun. He said that they had to be really sneaky and quiet because the janitor was there. He said that he had so much fun with his buddies.
I was a little nervous about him getting in trouble the next day at school, so I told him to just lay low until you hear the reaction of the principal and the teachers. He later told us that the principal and teachers were really cool about it and said the actually loved it. They said they immediately knew that it had to have been done by Grayson and Garrett because who else could be so engineering with the design of the whole thing! I was really happy that they were not in trouble! He actually got lots of compliments! The principal said that he thought it was funny and was so glad that they did not do any permanent damage to the school and that it was a good clean prank! It was good timeing for me to pick them up for lunch on this day because I got to see their sign!
Well, I just dropped them off so they can go back to class. Hayden must have taken right off, because I didn't get him in the picture, but here's Gray and Rachelle heading back to class. I am trying to soak in all of these moments as they will not be coming around again. It is all good though, Grayson has had a phenomenal year and he has so much ahead of him!

I am off today and will be catching up laundry from our camp trip and cleaning my house. I need to run some errands and hopefully will be working in the yard later today. I announced to the kids that we are having a sit down family dinner tonight because lately it seems like we are all running in different directions. I will be cheating and serving a frozen lasagna dinner. I think I'll make homemade rolls to go with it though.

Please say a pray for my husband because he was bitten by a brown recluse spider on our camp trip. The wound got to the size of a medium apple and was bright red. The skin was slightly swollen with a hard knot in the center the size of a marble. Yesterday I was able to get him an appointment with the doctor that I work with. He put him on antibiotics and said it will probably get worse for a week before it starts getting better. There are scary pictures on the Internet of brown recluse spider bites. The venom kills the tissues at the site of the bite and can be pretty dangerous. I am thankful that he got on the antibiotics on day three, so I am hoping that there will be minimal skin damage for him. I appreciate your prayers.

Have a great Wednesday!

"The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore." Psalm 121:5-8

Love, Sharon

14 comments:

Connie said...

How fun! Today was my son's last day of exams and I'm taking him out to lunch too!
Our school doesn't allow senior pranks (to my knowledge).
Isn't it amazing how fast time flies? I can't believe I'm graduating my 4th kid! One more to go! Look out world, here they come!

Heather said...

that is a great idea for the senior prank. very tasteful! great sign too. they did a good job on it. that's so cool you can pick them up and take them out for lunch on occasion. what a sweet mom you are. that's horrible about your husband getting bit by that spider. i had a spider bite me on my arm a couple years ago when we were at a renassaince festival and it reacted just like what your husbands arm did. very scary indeed. i'll keep him in our prayers.

adsgram said...

Oooooh...I will keep Eric in my prayers, Sharon. I know it's not good to 'hate', but when it comes to spiders, I am just not good. I am petrified of them....large and small! I hope Eric does OK on the meds.

Cute Senior prank that the boys pulled off.

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
Congratulation to Grayson on graduating high school, and also on a job well done with his banner!I know the feeling of savoring each and every moment as time nears for our children to leave our nest.!! You have such a wonderful family, I am blessed everytime i visit.

Eric is now on my prayer list, please keep us posted!! He seems to have my luck! Thank you for sharing.
Sue

Elena said...

Wow, your poor hubby. I will keep his spider bite in my prayers.

grey like snuffie said...

How fun... the year our youngest was a senior they wanted all the local farm kids to bring baby animals and set up a petting zoo in the parking lot as their prank...they got rained out..but I thought that was more creative than the class that put some stinky science experiment gone awry up in the ceiling and caused a horrible smell all over the building.
My father was bit my a recluse when he was in college....60 years ago they didn't give them anything...he had a really rough time because of it and has a 3 inch wide indentation on his stomach from it. PRAISE GOD for anti-biotics!

linda said...

Yes, I'd say it was a nice, clean prank...and thank goodness the principal didn't mind!

I'll be praying for Eric. A patient of ours got bit by a brown recluse. The after affects are visible. At least Eric was started on antibiotics fairly soon. Please keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon! Cute prank your son played--actually not a prank, just announcing, WE ARE HERE. I will be praying for Eric. We have those Brown Recluse spiders up here and I know they can be very dangerous, also had them in Arizona. A friend of mine here was bitten by a Hobo spider and was in the hospital and nursing home recovering from that. They didn't know what was wrong with her for quite awhile so a lot of time lapsed before they got the right treatment. She is okay now. I am glad Eric got treatment before too much time passed. Why did God make spiders? Love, Aunt Helen

jAne said...

Graduation ~ tis the season! I must say though that your son's senior prank was quite mild compared to what my friends and I did...TP'ing the band room with 91 rolls of toilet paper. I had a key. Because I was such a quiet girl (seriously quiet back then) they never suspected it was me who opened the room. To this day it's still a closely harbored secret. ;o)

My mother suffered a brown recluse spider bit, Sharon, and has a good size scar from the ordeal. So thankful your hubby got on antibiotics quickly.

Bless you,
jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Kathi said...

What an imaginative prank. They are amazing boys. I'm so glad it all turned out fun for Grayson. Your lunch tradition is really neat. Sharon, this is scary about Eric. We are praying for him. Love you, Kathi

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love the prank! Didn't know you could pick your kids up from school for lunch. SEems like you all had a great time at lunch! Sorry for your hubby! Sounds similar to what mine had a few weeks ago, which I'm glad to say is much better! I hope his bite heals up!!!

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hi Sharon, Oh my, that recluse spider really freaks me out. I know a guy who got bit by one. He had to have a chunk of skin and muscle the size of a golf ball cut out of his leg. Hopefully Eric will be ok. I HATE SPIDERS. I may never go camping again.... well maybe not ever. Have a great day. Hope we can get together again soon. Love Pam

Brenda Eason said...

what a sweet post. I feel like I have watched these boys grow up. Congrats to Grayson.

Rosemary said...

Brown recluse bites are scary. Wes was bitten under the eye when he was 6 months old. For many years, he had that red sore under his eye, sometimes it would disapear, only to reappear later. This went on for years and years. Hes now 26 and every once in awhile, it will come back. Its amazing how much damage one little spider can do. I pray your hubbys hand heals up soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...