Thursday, May 7, 2009

New pretty for the bedroom!

I found a new pretty thing for my bedroom! It's a cherub candle holder and I just love it!
It fits perfectly in our Romantic-Country-Victorian boudoir.
It looks like it's a very old antique, made from solid brass and that I paid lots for it......but you know what???? It's actually made from plastic! I only paid $1.99 at Goodwill for it! Yippeeee! I placed a ruby votive holder in the top for the perfect added touch.
It's so fun to find things that I love at Goodwill for hardly any money! What a blessing! Now, every morning when I am putting on my jewelry and perfume I get to admire my new cherub candlestick!

I have today off and will be working on uploading all our digital pictures. This has been an ongoing project for the past couple of months. I am under the gun here and need to get them done before Grayson's graduation in June because I'm making him an old fashioned scrapbook. I am excited because I am uploading December of 2008 right now, so I will just have 2009 to go! I will be posting about this journey I've been on with these photos soon. Needless to say, it has been a very big undertaking! But I will be so thrilled when it is all complete.

Hope you have a terrific day!

"The Lord blesses the abode of the righteous." Proverbs 3:33

Hugs, Sharon

12 comments:

Brit said...

It doesn't matter if it is made of plastic, it is beautiful as well.
Lucky you! And so cheap!

Have a wonderful day or night!:)

Heather said...

wow that is gorgeous! and a steal at that price!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love the new lamp and the candle makes it look romantic. Keep us updated on the pictures. Would love to get ideas from you!!!

Debra said...

No way! That is plastic? I would have never guessed. It is beautiful and definitely adds to the romantic theme. I love it! :)

Brenda Eason said...

That is very pretty and looks like you paid a good bit for it.

Sondra said...

I love your lamp. Great find. I got a 'new' lamp yesterday too! I will be showing it tomorrow. Stop by to see it.(because I will be needing some advice about it ;)

Brittany said...

Wow I never would have guessed it's plastic! It works perfectly with your decor in your bedroom! Hope you are able to spend a lot of time on those photos! Love you!

Kathi said...

Sharon, You had me fooled. I thought it was brass for sure. It's beautiful. I need to do my photos too :0 ( I have a long way to go. I love you and I love my present. It hasn't come yet, but I can't wait. Thank you so much.

Sunflower Farm said...

I love it

Mary Anne said...

That is really a pretty candle holder, Sharon;-) You always find the best deals!

Blessings!

Elena said...

Love your cherub candle stick. It is beautiful!

Kelly said...

How gorgeous!! I haven't been to GW in a while. You were the inspiration for my first trip, and I've found so many great things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...