Sunday, May 17, 2009

Healing Waters..........




Healing Waters



Michelle Tumes

I've built a bridge
All of my strength cannot cross over
I stand at the edge
The end of a road that I have followed
Sinking from the weight of my own world
Wanting the waves of Your ways to wash my feet

Healing waters
Healing waters
Solace flows
Through the river of forgiveness to my soul
Oh, I need You
Healing waters

Pour over me
Water to clean all my intentions
Baptising streams
I swim in the freedom of redemption
Floating on the sea of purity
Knowing I can dive in the love that rescues me

Memories are raging high
Floods so deep they touch the sky
All the things I've done to You
All the parts of life untrue
Healing comes from outstretched hands
Saving me from what I am
Carry me
Carry me


Today is Praise and Worship Sunday over at Brittany's blog, Sweet Nothings.


Today I picked Healing Waters by Michelle Tumes. This song means a lot to me. I played it a lot when I was first struck with Empty Nest Syndrome when my first born son, Mackenzie, graduated from high school. I used to cry A LOT! I would play this song A LOT! I cried out to the Lord A LOT! I would worship when I listed to this song while bawling my eyes out and I feel like it helped me get through the process and I feel like the Lord did heal my heart. We have such an amazing and powerful God who cares about the smallest things in our lives. Now that my third son is about to graduate, I'm am getting hit with Empty Nest again and this song comforts me. I hope you enjoy it!


"Cast all your cares upon Him; for He careth for you." I Peter 5:7


Love, Sharon

9 comments:

Terry said...

Blessings of joy sweet Sharon.
I am so glad you shared this .I remember those moments of tear filled eyes.
It does get better in time.
Have a blessed week filled with many happy moments.

Kathi said...

Sharon, This song is so comforting to me too. I can remember crying out to the Lord while listening to this song. We lived way up in Washington and I felt uncertain about my abilities as a mother. This song brings back so many memories. I love you, Kathi

Lori said...

Sharon;

Its funny, I almost posted one of Michelle Tumes songs for Worship and Praise. I came very close to posting this song, and it was because of what the song meant to me. When I first heard this song, my kids were small, my youngest was only about a year old, my husband was in his last year of a post-graduate 4 year progam and I felt like a single parent for those 4 years. It was a difficult time and I spent so much praying and worshiping through music. This is one song that comforted me. Thank you for posting a personal song for me as well. Enjoy your Sunday.
Lori

Leah said...

This is a beautiful song.

Haven't heard it for a long time...

Brittany said...

Isn't it neat how songs can comfort you when you're struggling? That's so awesome! This is a beautiful song, I've never heard it before. Thanks for sharing it! We had a good time yesterday too. I'm glad we got to be there for Grayson. Love you!

Amy said...

This same song comforted me as I went through the journey of grief over the death of my son. Michelle Tumes did a great job writing it. I met her once. I had asked many of friends to go with me as she was doing a free concert. No one wanted to go, so I went alone. I was walking by a bus after the concert and she opened the door to look for her husband and she saw me walking by, and took the opportunity to shake my hand and say hi to me. I'm glad I still went and this was one of my first songs I heard of hers and the most meaningful to me. Thanks for sharing it.

momma said...

i have never heard this song before, but i can see how it can be a comfort to you (and others). i have a while till empty nest hits me, but i'm sure those years will fly by. i'll need to keep this song handy!

Debra said...

I love how songs speak to me and comfort me, during hard times too. My youngest is moving out on Monday, so I will be experiencing empty nest also. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.

This is a great song and I can see how it would comfort you. I've never heard it before, so thanks for sharing it with us.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful song and message, Sharon!
xo...Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...