Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I would like to wish these two very special women a very happy Mother's Day today! Above is my mother, Shirley. Thank you Mom for being such a great mother to me! Thank you for taking such great care of me when I was little and always making me feel loved and secure. Thank you for teaching me so much about life and being a mother myself. Thank you for being a good wife to my Daddy and making our home a safe haven for all of us. Thank you for being such a great cook and a good grandma. Thank you for being such a fun glamour queen that I was always so proud of and had fun dressing up with! I love you!!!
This is my sweet mother-in-law, Alice. Alice, thank you so much for loving me like a daughter. You have been so awesome to me over the years. You have taught me so much. The number one thing I'm thankful for is that you raised such an amazing son who grew up to become my wonderful husband and an excellent father to my children! Thank you for always being so much fun and the life of the party. Thank you for being such a girly girl with all your jewelry and clothes. Thank you for teaching me so much about entertaining. Thank you so much for being such a supportive grandmother to our four boys. You have been such a great role model to me on how to be a good mother, wife, friend, grandma and woman! I love you!

I am so blessed with my two moms. Thank you Lord for these two fabulous women!!!!

I hope that all of you moms out there have a wonderful Mother's day! Don't forget, if you are able, make sure you call your Mom or hug her today!!!!

"All that I am or hope to be I owe to my angel mother. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." - Abraham Lincoln

"Whenever a woman is in labor she has pain, because her hour has come; but when she gives birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy that a child has been born into the world. " John 16:21

With warm hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Heather said...

special mothers you have! I hope all of you have a wonderful mother's day!

Dana said...

Happy Mothers Day Sharon!!

Brit said...

Lucky you who have your both mothers!
I never met my mother in law, she passed away before I met my husband.
In Norway we have Mothers Day in February.
Happy Mothers Day to you and your two mothers!:-)

Happy @ Home said...

Very nice tribute to your 2 moms, Sharon.

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm feeling the same way about our mother and also my MIL, Vivian. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day too. We loved bumping into you yesterday. Love you, Kathi

A Romantic Porch said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too sweet Sharon. xo rachel

Tanza said...

Hope you had a wonderful,blessed Mothers Day with your Mommas.. We're soo blessed to have Mothers to still share it with.. Have a restful evening, and May you have a blessed new week as well.. hugs ~tea~

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What a lovely post. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Jan Parrish said...

Happy Mothers Day to a woman who shares her soft touches of grace with her family and those around her. Have a blessed week.

Linda said...

Two wonderful and very special Mom's. Happy Mother's Day to you too...hugs, Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...