Friday, May 22, 2009

Eric's birthday celebration!

My hubby had his 49th birthday a few weeks ago and we had one of our traditional family dinners and celebrations. He got to eat off of the "You are Special" plate!
I set the table with care..............
....in hopes that the whole family would be there! He wanted bbq ribs, Special baked beans and potato salad for his dinner. He ended up cooking the ribs and the beans on his own birthday! That's okay because he enjoys it and he is so good at it!!!
I told him I would make his favorite cake and instead he requested oatmeal cookies. So, I complied and made him oatmeal cookies and put the candles on top!
The boys all gave him such nice gifts. This was one of his favorites, a DVD of one of the Seinfeld seasons.
Make wish Eric!!!
I hope that all your wishes come true and you have a wonderful year!!! I love you so much!

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." I John 4:7-8


Love, Sharon

12 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

I love your family dinners. I have been wanting some good ribs and I bet his was.
Happy birthday Eric.
P.S. Sharon when all those girlfriends become wives you are going to have to get a BIG table=)

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Happy birthday to Eric! He's the same age as my oldest brother, Tom. Next year will be the big *50!* Uh oh! :o)

I hope you're not drowning too much in pictures...you sure got ALOT of them!

I hope you have a beatiful holiday weekend.
Hugs & blessings,
Mardell

Elena said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! It looks like he had a great celebration!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Sharon, happy birthday to your Eric!!!!

Honey, what is Google Chrome? Thanks for your help on my blog. I am not computer savvy but this may be a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Hugs, Barb

jAne said...

Such a lovely table, meal and dessert, Sharon. What a blessing you are to your husband and children. :o)

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Kathi said...

Happy belated birthday to Eric. Love your cute candles on the cookies. Have a wonderful weekend. Love, Kathi

grey like snuffie said...

And now he's working on his 50th year....it's so fun! I'm trying to get my hubby to eat oatmeal...to help his health...he really doesn't like it, even steel cut oatmeal. He told me would get his oatmeal down somehow if I put it in cookie form. :o) Hope you have a grand weekend!

Brit said...

Congratulations to your husband!
Beautiful table and cakes!
Happy weekend!:-)

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby. Everything looks so lovely. Wow, all those pictures. I need to do mine one of these days.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I love his cookie cake. :0) Have a wonderful weekend wit your family!
~Kelli

Heather said...

what a fun celebration! love the candles in the cookies. what's the special plate look like??? happy belated birthday to your hubby!

PamperingBeki said...

What a great birthday!

I love the track pictures below too. How fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...