Friday, May 1, 2009

Coffee, Cam and Me......

Last Tuesday my son, Cameron, came up to me and said, "Hey Mom, are you free on Thursday evening?" I said, "Yes, I am, why?" and he said, "Well, I thought it would be fun to go to Borders and I'll buy you a coffee and we can pick out a new Cafe DelMar CD". I said, "Oh, that does sound fun.....let's do it!" Cafe Delmar is a wonderful series of chill-out CDs. They are a compilation of different artists playing really cool and relaxing music. My brother, Wade, gave us our first album back in 2003 and the whole family loves it. It reminds us of summer with all the windows and doors open and the sun is shining in and there is just a sense of peace and relaxation in the home.
So after work we jumped in the car and headed to Borders. He bought me a special coffee drink of my choice. I have never had an iced coffee before, so I tried one and it was delicious!
We looked and looked for the new Cafe DelMar CD, but we didn't find any at all. So we started looking around for something else.
We also started listening.
We tried several CDs and finally came across one called Buddha-Lounge. Don't worry, it's not Buddha music, it is a compilation album made from various artists across the globe who create down tempo electronica chill-out music.
We really liked the sound and feel of it.
I love it that my son had this idea! I love it that he wanted to spend time with me and also that he wanted a new CD that we would play in the house all the time to remind us of his time when he moved back home and when Grayson was getting ready to graduate. Our family has always been appreciative of good music and we all appreciate the memories that flood our minds when we listen to certain songs.
As soon as we got in the car we put it in the stereo. It sounded awesome!
What a great evening it was! What a great memory with my son.

Hope you have a magnificent Friday!

"Then David and all the house of Israel played music before the Lord on all kinds of instruments of fir wood, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on sistrums, and on cymbals." II Samuel 6:5

Love, Sharon

15 comments:

mardell said...

Good morning Sharon,
Aaahh, special times indeed! You've raised a wonderful family & now you are reaping the rewards. :o) So sweet!

I hope you have a glorious weekend. I'll be baking a cake today for my mom's 73rd b-day. :o)

Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! I hope that your sweet mother has a wonderful 73rd birthday! I hope that all of you have fun together as a family!

Hugs, Sharon

Heather said...

you have the best sons! they sure do love their momma :)

grey like snuffie said...

Sounds so fun. Now I must go see if I can find them on ITunes...I have a gift card just waiting to be used. Thanks for the good idea...and I love the term "chill out" music....don't we all need that. Hope you have a grand weekend Sharon! Praying for you!

Happy @ Home said...

That sounds like a great time, Sharon. Your son sounds like a very nice guy. I'm not familiar with the CD you mentioned, but I think I'd like to check it out.

Have a great weekend.

shamrock fields said...

Sharon-
What a wonderful outing with your son! What a clever idea he had! I will have to check out the CD's--sounds like something I would like! Thanks for sharing! Blessings to you and your sweet family!
Molly

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a fun day with your handsome son. You have such fun times with your boys. I'm so happy for you. Have a great day. Love, Kathi

Jocelyn said...

aww that is so nice! What a fun outing ! You are so blessed to have such nice and generous kids!

My oldest child is like that.My younger one sometimes... :)

Claire said...

My husband and daughter love chill electronica too - I'll have to check out Cafe Del Mar! What a great outing with your son. So cool that the family enjoys the music together. Have a great weekend!

Elena said...

What a fun time! I love music too and how it brings back wonderful memories. I'm so glad my little girl loves music too. Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend. Elena

Sunflower Farm said...

Don't you love those great times with your kids. Thank goodness for them

LillySue said...

I so love seeing people really enjoying their family.... especially their teenagers! We had a rough time when my kids entered their teens but they are really such a delight now! It will make me cry if I start to think about them being all moved away! I grab those moments and savor them too. I am taking them to see "Wolverine" tonight. It would not be my first choice of a movie to see, but they want to see it and I want to hang with them. It still amazes me they think I am cool enough to just hang out with...I guess I did something right. Ok, the song playing here is making me want to cry...I gotta get!
Blessings~LillySue
Pop over today if you want a good laugh at my expense!

linda said...

What a great post Sharon! I just love it now that my two are grown and young adults. It's so fun to just hang out!

Brittany said...

That is such a sweet idea that Cameron had! I'm sure you just loved the time you got to spend with him! I'll be back posting tomorrow night for P&W Sunday! It's been a busy week! We had fun with you guys on Wednesday! See you Sunday. Love you!

jAne said...

Such a precious blessing you and your husband cultivated, Sharon. :o)

Think I'll head over to Amazon to find me some chill-out music.

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...