Saturday, May 9, 2009

Big sis to the rescue!

As many of you know, a few weeks ago I was having a hard time with things. The months prior I had been under so much stress that my doctor thought I was becoming depressed. I told my sister, Kathi, about this and she was so awesome, she emailed me right away and said that she wanted to meet me for lunch and maybe even come and spend the night with me because she was worried about me. Wasn't that sweet!
Let me tell you that she really did perk me up! We sat at this little greasy spoon restaurant for hours and talked and talked. It was so wonderful! I just had to point out her cute outfit, I love the darling little tiger print jacket.
I also just had to show you her darling little purse! Just looking at this cute purse lifted my spirits and inspired me!!! :0)
After lunch we went to Goodwill and had a blast. We both found fabo treasures!
After that she came to my house and spent the night. We stayed up late talking and we watched a scary movie. We talked about our lives and the different stages that we are going through. We talked a lot about God and how good He is and how He is always there for us. She shared with me her Beth Moore books and we looked through all of my Christian women's books. She inspired me so much and gave me that shot in the arm that I needed. She was really there for me and I am so thankful!

Kathi, my dear sister, I love you so much and I'm so thankful you are in my life! You're an angel! I want to be there for you like you were for me. You are such a blessing to me. Thank you so very much!

"Kind words are like honey - sweet to the taste and good for your health." Proverbs 16:24

Love, Sharon

P.S. Grayson was able to run yesterday and he did really well! He made it into the finals in both the 200 and the 400 and will race again today. He also will be running in the 4x400 too. Hayden did not make the finals, but that is okay because it is such an honor to be able to even run at the district championship as a freshman and he got a personal best time on his 200. Hayden will be racing today on the 4x100 relay team too. Thank you so much for praying for Grayson's back, it was feeling so much better.

12 comments:

the hearts of hartmann said...

Hi Sharon ,
Thanks for coming by my blog... no I didnt save any posts.... its ok however.
There wasnt anything that exciting to use against me, but some people are so jealous that they are willing to twist and turn any event and use it as leverage. Its so stupid and Im so hurt , but I will have a new blog soon and not tell anyone I work with !
I agree to plan on a summer day to get together. Sounds great!
Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers Day!
Stephanie

Connie said...

Hope you're feeling better, sugar! I know how you can get beaten down sometimes with just "life"! You'll be fine with lots of prayer.
xoxo,
Connie

Dana said...

What a special relationship the two of you share:) I get to see my sister in 2 weeks after not seeing her for 1 year:)

Jan Parrish said...

Sharon,

I'm so glad you are feeling better. It might be the after wedding blues. I had them. It's the final straw in letting go. You are not the primary woman in your son's life anymore. It's hard to release that part of being a mom.

I have to say, even now, with mothers day on the way, it's hard. The kids are off doing other things and I may not get to see them.

But, oh what joy the grand kids bring. Hang in there. It will get better.

Love you,
Jan

Kathi said...

Sharon, You are such a joy to me. I'm glad you are feeling better. I had such a fun fun joyous time with you. I love you, Kathi

adsgram said...

Sharon...I am so glad that God and Kathi have been taking care of the business of bringing your spirits back up. You seem to be such a delightful lady, and having you 'down' for too long is just not right!

Sisters (and brothers) are the best for helping with what ails our lives....even if the current problem isn't something you can readily share with any of them, they KNOW enough about you and your life already that, if nothing else, they can ALWAYS make you laugh!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Amy said...

What a HUGE blessing! My sisiter and I are 18 years apart and still aren't at that point to talk like that. I'm glad you have that in a time you need it the most. I have had a battle with depression and it helps when you have those people to cheer you up and help you through the tough times. You'll be in my prayers.

Brenda Eason said...

Sorry you have been down. How sweet to have a sister to do that. I wish mine wasn't so far away. We need each other with mom gone.

Heather said...

love her jacket! i'm so glad you two had your get together. you two have a such a special bond. I hope you have a wonderful mothers day tomorrow!

D'Rae said...

so glad you have a sister to call on when you are feeling troubled. Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
I have a big sister like you that has come to my rescue so many times,As I have had to come to hers as well. It always seems that when things are well with me , that things are not with her, so we go back and forth rescuing each other. LOL We are so blessed to have each other not only are we sisters by birth but we are sister by rebirth. I just wanted to stop by and to wish you a very blessed and Happy Mother's Day. And as always I have been blessed .
Sue

oatbread said...

Good on the boys yay team !!! I can relate to the 4x4 , been there done that , he will do fine on that. How nice for you and your sister , I need one for me too, you are very lucky to have the wonderful family you have. Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...