Monday, April 13, 2009

Old Town Newport

Grayson, Hayden and I went to Newport during Spring break.

Eric had to work, so the boys and I just took a day to spend together and we drove to the coast.

We had such a wonderful time together. First we went to Old Town and we saw these giant seal lions resting on the docks.
They are so interesting, just laying there not caring at all that all the people are looking at them.
It was really fun to observe them.

Later we grabbed some lunch at a funky little seafood restaurant.

Then we went to a candy store and we bought some saltwater taffy.

After that we took a little trip to the Undersea Gardens.

This place is really cool. It is a very large boat and they have big huge aquarium windows in the lower level. I remember going to this place when I was a little girl, so that tells you how old it is! You can see the boys taking pictures of the fish with their cell phones here.

They sealed the area all around the outside and filled it with saltwater and all different kinds of fish and oceanic creatures. You can see some Sturgeon in the picture above.

Here's a funny eel. He has the face that only a mother could love!

After that we went to Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. There were many, many interesting items in the museum. I was sad because my pictures at Ripley's didn't turn out very well, but this was one funny thing the boys did. It is a strength challenge. Grayson squeezed the trigger and it said he has a Super Hero Grip.

Hayden tried it and he has Gorilla Grip!

This was an optical illusion that Grayson was playing around it. It felt like you were walking in space!

After that we went to the Wax Museum, which was lots of fun too! Here they're looking at a pirate display.

And here they are with Johnny Depp. He's pretty realistic looking isn't he!

The boys had fun playing with this electricity ball. It was so cool looking.

Oh, what a fun day we had at this little beach town!

After we spent time in Old Town we made our way down to the beach. I'll share those pictures tomorrow. I had such a great time with my sons and they both got along so great too. It was a really, really good day.

I hope that all of you had wonderful Easter Sunday's with your families. We had a very nice day with Eric's side of the family.

Happy Monday!

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself grant you His peace at all times and in all ways. The Lord be with you all." II Thessalonians 3:16

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

mardell said...

Good morning Sharon,
I hope you had a blessed Easter! Thanks for letting us "join" you & the boys on your trip! :o) It's wonderful that you still do that with them. I miss doing stuff like that. You're making memories that'll last forever. What a great Mom you are.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Mardell

Mary Anne said...

Sounds like a really fun day, Sharon. How wonderful that you could spend it with your sons. I love family times like that;-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment!

Have a great week.

Blessings,

Mary Anne

Sharon said...

Good morning Mardell! It's early here in Oregon! I am ready to go out for my walk with my neighbor. I really did enjoy my day with the boys. Thank you for your sweet comment. I hope that you have a wonderful day today!

Hugs, Sharon

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
This brings back wonderful memories for me of time spent with our sons.... Grayson and Hayden looked as though they really enjoyed the day.
I also enjoyed my visit, that eel is so ugly he's cute!!
Thank you for sharing , I enjoy seeing families sharing special times together.
Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue

Heather said...

what a fun day with your boys! great photos to share too. glad you all had wonderful Easter!

grey like snuffie said...

I'm not sure that there is anything better than hanging with our kids...so wonderful that you have been blessed with a close, fun family. The rest of the world can be going amok but having the husband and daughters I have and our great relationships makes my day!
Blessings of all His best on your week Sharon!

Kathi said...

Sharon, This looks like so much fun. I am making a post right now with our beach pictures on it, how funny. Well your boys are so handsome and cute. I'm so glad you had fun together. Let's go together soon. We have aquarium membership and can bring three extra people. Love you, Kathi

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... I certainly did enjoy this post and hearing 'n seeing all about your fun family time! So glad that your Easter Holiday was nice... ours was quiet 'n peaceful... so many things to be thankful for... I hope your week is off to a great start!
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

April ~ AUTISM Awareness Month~

Sweet Nothings said...

Looks like you had a great time! Those top pictures look similar to mine as Mackenzie and I were at the same place! Aren't those seals so funny?

Love you!

We had such a good time with you guys yesterday!

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Hi Sharon, what a fun day! Don't you just love SO. CA! I love your Easterdecor!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It looks like you had a fun time. You're right. Johnny Depp does look realistic.

And belated Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...