Monday, April 20, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the doctor.....

I was heading out the door to my doctor appointment last Friday when I decided at the last minute to get my coat. I headed down the hall to get my coat out of the closet and I happened to look up into the mirror and noticed this big black smudge on my face! It is on my cheek as well as on my nose. I stopped and got a chuckle out of it.

I was so relieved that I spotted it before I left because I really don't think I would have had another opportunity to look in a mirror before I got to the doctor's office! I would have been so embarrassed walking around with this smudge on my face! I had no idea where it came from. It made me laugh though. Earlier when I was working in the kitchen I noticed some black stuff on my hands and I had no idea where it came from. I washed it off and went along my business. I had no idea that I obviously had touched my face with my hands and transferred the black stuff to my face! Isn't that so funny!

Here I am saying I would be so embarrassed to walk around with the smudge, yet like any good blogger gal, I took a picture of it and am posting it on my blog for the whole world to see!!! LOL!

I hope that you have a great week!

May the Lord bless you!

"Sarah said, 'God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me." Genesis 21:6

Love, Sharon

15 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, You are so cute and funny. You are right, a good blogger has her camera in hand, ready for anything. I love you. I had so much fun at your house and yesterday too. You are so beautiful. I learn so many things when I'm with you. Love, Kathi

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Hysterical! What a great lesson for me to always look in the mirror just before I leave the house. I can see myself doing this!!! Very funny that you took a picture to share with us!

Heather said...

oh that is too funny! i had something similar happen but not on my face :)

jAne said...

Ha! Thank you for being **real**! :o)

btw, in answer to your question, that isn't my house but I'd like it to be. wink. my house is pictured a few posts down.

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

shamrock fields said...

Sharon--
How funny--thanks for sharing! It kind of reminds me of that Cat in the Hat Dr. Suess book with the pink spot that kept reappearing! Take care!
Molly
PS--You look beautiful even with the smudge!

grey like snuffie said...

That's funny. I did that once, although mine was an inspection number stuck to my hair. Never could figure out where it came from...I was wearing really old work out clothes. I think I had a grandma who had a rule about always looking in a mirror before leaving the house.

mardell said...

Oh Sharon! I blurted out in laughter when I read your post. My son wondered what was so funny! :o) You are such a stitch & if you can't poke fun at yourself, than who can?! God bless you. You are wonderfully lighthearted & I love that about you! I hope everything went well at the appt.

Hugs,
Mardell

Kelly said...

Shar, you are so cute! LOL about posting on the blog but not going out in public with it, haha! You know what, I get misc black stuff on me sometimes, too. It must be a mom thing? :o)

Jocelyn said...

I accidentally went to the grocery store with Zit Spot Cream on my face one morning.

Lucky for me my friend was the checker and he said.
What r those SPOTS?

I just about died......

Sweet Nothings said...

That's so funny Sharon! I'm pretty sure I've had something like that happen to me before. Only, I didn't catch it in the mirror before someone else saw it!

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon.
This is so cute, aren't you thankful for mirrors? I ahve had similar things to happen to me, but was not as lucky as you were. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell, I'm glad you got a chuckle out of this one! I'm sure we've all been in the same boat at one time or another!

Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

ha I went out once just wearing one earring! And almost went out once wearing my house slippers.
I was in my car getting ready to back out of our garage.

Pamela in OH

Debra said...

I had to chuckle when I read this because the same thing just happened to me the other day. Fortunately, after we got in the truck, my husband noticed the black smudge on my face. I still have no idea where it came from. lol

Isn't it funny the things that we would be embarrassed about.....we have no problem blogging about? It's great that we can laugh at ourselves and be secure enough, to share these funny moments in our lives, with our blogging friends!

Sharon said...

Hi Pamela! Us women can be so funny sometimes can't we!!! Have a great day!

:0) Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...