Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fun day with Family

Picture above, sitting left to right my father, Leonard, my nephew, Harrison, My niece Victoria, my son, Hayden, my niece Whitney holding my nephew Garrett, and Whitney's friend, Justin. Standing is my nephew Samuel and behind him really small with his arms in the air is my nephew Joseph, and then my niece Jessica.

Last Sunday was a very busy day for me. First Eric, myself, Cameron, Grayson and Hayden met Mackenzie and Brittany at church. We took two cars because Grayson and I had to leave a little early to run some errands and get him back to town in time for the Mr. Bulldog pageant practice. Eric took Cameron back home and he left for a river camping trip. Hayden went home with Mackenzie and Brittany and later in the day went over to a little family Easter party at my sister Kelli's house.
When I was done with my portion of the Mr. Bulldog pageant practice I headed over to Kelli and Ralph's house to pick up Hayden. It was a beautiful day and when I pulled up to their house I found everyone outside playing and visiting. Pictured above is Mackenzie and Brittany talking with their Uncle Stacey.
By the time I got there they had already eaten the big meal and had the traditional Easter Egg hunt. Here's Kelli's son, Joseph, and my other sister Kathi's son, Garrett checking out their loot.
Ralph and Kelli's house is so cute! I just had to show this darling pitcher filled with white lilacs. It looks so perfect on this table.
We decided to walk to the park where the boys were playing football. Mackenzie was riding a bike and he was cracking us up! One time he snuck up quietly behind us and rode right by us in the above position! He didn't say a word, he just rode on by like it was nothing big! We all laughed so hard! By the way, he said it was a great ab workout!
Here's another favorite pose. I do believe this is the same stunt he pulled when he fell of his bike and broke his arm when he was a little boy!
Kelli, Kathi, Sharon and Brittany enjoying a lovely stroll in the sunshine!
We are family.....I got all my sister's and me! (and my daughter!)
Mackenzie and Brittany being all cute on the bike together. They've been married for six months now!!!
When we got to the park we found the boys playing football. Isn't this field amazing! It is AstroTurf and is open to the public!
The boys all had so much fun! From left to right you can see Kelli's boy, Samuel, then Justin, who is Kelli's daughter Whitney's special friend, Kelli's boy, Joseph, Kathi's son Harrison and my Hayden. The man and the boy in white are neighbors. They all had so much fun playing football!
We were sitting and visiting and taking lots of pictures and then Kathi decided to show us how to be a real photographer and she laid down to take that perfect shot. Well, she didn't know that I snapped this picture of her while she was at it!!!! Now this is a serious photographer! Isn't she cute!
That inspired Mackenzie to pose a little beefcake shot for Brittany and I snapped a picture of them. It turned out soooo funny! What a great time we all had together. There is nothing like spending a sunny afternoon with your family!

"Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation." Joel 1:3

Fondly, Sharon

13 comments:

Faye said...

SHARON,LOVE THE PICS!BRITTANY AND HER HUBBY ARE SO CUTE.I WAS TELLING BRITTANY I NEED ALL YOUR PRAYERS RIGHT NOW!WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE READ MY BLOG.MY HEART IS SO HEAVY RIGHT NOW!LOVE IN CHRIST, FAYE

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, your weather looks really nice! We're still hovering just above freezing here in NY. Lovely family photos, as always! You're truly blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people. Love the laughter & smiles. :o) Brittany & McKenzie are so cute together. That football field is awesome!

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Mardell

PS: Krammer looks so comfy in your drawer. Does he get along with Bailey?

Kathi said...

Sharon, That was such a fun day. I loved it. We are so blessed. I didn't know you took that picture of me!! I blogged about you today! I love you so much. Kathi

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love all the pictures! Looks like it was a beautiful day. Love the bike shots...very clever and not so safe!!! You look very happy walking with your sisters!

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon-
What a fun day with family! I love Brittany and McKenzie on the bike! You have a beautiful family! Bless you-
Molly

Brenda Eason said...

Looks like a wonderful fun and busy day.

SweetAnnee said...

That looks like such a fun day.. BUT
that way of riding a bike..makes me hurt
just looking at it..
eeeeek

love ya
Deena

Lille meg said...

A lot of pictures, and a lot of fun! Thank you for sharing!
I am sure you all enjoyed that day.
Good night (or day) to you.
It is soon bedtime here now.

Heather said...

Kathi looks like a teenager in that photo of her on the ground, LOL! what a fun fun day. i love it!

the hearts of hartmann said...

That looks like it was such a fun day! Your family is beautiful ! Your pics are great and made me smile :)
~Stephanie~

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What a fun time you had. Your son is so funny on that bike. I can't believe how sunny your Easter was. It was still chilly here.

Have a blessed Friday tomorrow.

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
What an adorable family, I just love watching all of you enjoy being together, and again it just brings back so many wonderful memories. Oh to be able to ride a bike like Mackenzie would be so great. Blessings,
Sue

jennifer said...

The newlyweds on the bicycle was a frame-able shot.

Looks like an entirely lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...