Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Sunday

On Easter Sunday after church our family headed north to have Easter dinner with Eric's sister's family. Here we are all together eating our meal. Sadly, our son, Grayson, forgot to ask for the day off, so he had to work and was not with us.
Brittany brought the appetizers and they were delicious! She made really yummy spinach dip in a bread bowl, cream cheese with salsa and deviled eggs. I think I ate too much and it spoiled my dinner!
Here's Eric's sister, Stacey. She made a beautiful ham and turkey dinner!
Here's her husband, Jim, he helped Stacey a lot. He barbecued the turkey and it was marvelous!
She had the table set so pretty.
I love these flowers and the pretty plaque says, "With God, all things are possible."
This picture turned out funny, but it's the only one I got of my hubby and his father, Jim. Eric was starting to say "cheese" when I took the picture. He almost looks mad, but I promise you he wasn't!
Here's Hayden, Brittany and Mackenzie waiting for dinner to start!
This is my mother-in-law, Alice and my niece, Monique.
My wonderful mother-in-law, Alice, and me.
My beautiful daughter-in-law, Brittany, and me. It is so nice to have a daughter now!
The newlyweds celebrating their first Easter Sunday together as a married couple!
I brought this wonderful broccoli casserole and a jello fruit salad. I will share this recipe with you soon. It is broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, cheese and smashed Ritz crackers on top! Total comfort food!
What a beautiful day we had together as a family. After the meal we played a really fun and hysterical game and enjoyed some lovely pies for dessert. I am thankful for our family and thankful for Jesus for dying on the cross and for His resurrection!

Thank you all so much for your prayers this week. I am not sure what is wrong with me, I guess it is trying to handle all the stress and life changes I have had over the past two years. Compared to some, I have NOTHING to complain about, but it is hard when something hits you like this. My sweet sisters, Kathi, is going to meet me this afternoon for coffee time and girl time so we can talk about a lot of this stuff. I appreciate her encouragement so much! Again, thank you so much for your prayers.

May the Lord richly bless you today!

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40:1-3

Hugs, Sharon

15 comments:

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Love your post today! I love seeing how other people celebrate the different holidays, especially when we all celebrate our Lord's resurrection!! The dish you made looks yummy, I'll be looking for the recipe. I can't believe you had a ham and a turkey!!! Need to come by you all next year! Hope you're feeling better. Love the verse, one of my favorite!!! Just keep praising Him!!! The Lord will bless you as you life Him up!! Enjoy coffee!

LillySue said...

Sharon~
What a wonderful Easter! Sorry one of your boys had to miss it. I bet you made him up a plate of goodness to have when he got home! I hope you have a nice "Sisters" time today...I know I always feel better after a good talk with one of my sisters. Have a great weekend!
Blessings~LillySue

jAne said...

What a lovely gathering, in food, fellowship and spirit!

Okay so, the appetizers you mentioned are but two of my all time favorites and the broccoli casserole you prepared - YUM. I make that from time to time for a heaping helping of comfort. ;o)

Bless you this day, Sharon...

jAne
http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Sharon;
I identify with your posts about being together with family, and also about Sorrow and Trust. I have not been posting because I, too have had family issues. Sorrow and Trust describes it for me too.

Your family is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I will say a prayer for you today as you meet with your sister.

Blessings, Lori

Lille meg said...

This dinner looks beautiful! And so is the table!
I am sure you enjoyed it!I really hope the doctors can find out something about your health!
It is not good to go and think about it all the time. I hope you can get help!
I hope this weekend will be good for you!

Heather said...

what a wonderful family Easter together! the food looks yummy and i love your blouse you wore. very pretty! Tell Kathi I said hi! I hope you two have a wonderful afternoon together.

Happy @ Home said...

Hi Sharon,
I just noticed that we can leave comments again. I enjoyed taking a peek at your lovely family Easter. It looks like you all had a great day with lots of yummy food.

I'm sorry that you are going through difficutlies right now. I will include you in my prayers.

Have a nice weekend.

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
I've not been blogging to much this week so I am playing catch-up tonight.
I love this post of you and your family celebrating Easter together!! Just looking at you all together is so inspiring, and this is what family is all about. I will be praying for you that you will be feeling better.
I have read you last three post and was so blessed by them. your faith is always inspiring, God has not forgot your faithfulness to Him.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Bless you, Sharon. I hope your time with Kathi was exactly what you needed.

the hearts of hartmann said...

Hi Sharon,
Im just stopping by real quick to say Im thinking about you and hope life starts to shine in your favor.
Sounds like a great plan to meet up with Kathi today, I know you two will get to the bottom of everything and you will come away feeling better and refreshed.
Take Care,
Stephanie

Kathi said...

Sharon, You look so pretty in your new top. The Easter gathering looks so warm and cozy. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I love you, Kathi

Sondra said...

It seems that you had a wonderful time with all of your family. It is so nice that you can all get together like that. We don't get to do that much here. I hope that you had a wonderful time with Kathi. Aren't sisters the best :)

Lisa said...

How wonderful to have your family all around you! What a wonderful Easter. All the food looks scrumptious!

Kelli said...

It looks like you and your family had a wonderful and blessed Easter together, Sharon! The food looks delicious and I love the table decorations. Have a great upcoming week!
Hugs,
Kelli

shamrock fields said...

Dear Sharon-
I love seeing your family photos. What a great Easter celebration! I just have my immediate family now-I really like seeing your pictures of relatives gathered together! Also I can totally relate to your previous Sorrow & Trust passage. Last year, I lost both of my parents and had to have a hysterectomy! I totally had to trust the Lord and He had to show me all over again how to enjoy His creation and blessings! Believe it or not, your blog helped me. I forced myself to decorate for the holidays and create a cheerful home for my family. I'm glad I did-it made things easier for them--even though they giggle at my decorations sometimes! Bless you-
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...