Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Can you guess where we spend our time???

Yep.......it's track season and Grayson and Hayden are both on the team! This picture was in our local newspaper. It's fun being in a small town because our kids get in the paper a lot!
Hayden is a freshman and he runs the 200 and is on the 4x1 relay team, which is four guys each running 100 meters. He just recently started running the 400. He has done quite well and is enjoying it very much.
Grayson runs the 400 and 200 and is on the 4x4 team, which is four guys, each running one full lap which is 400 meters. It looks like he will be going to the State Championship in the 400 and the 4x4. He loves track!

At a couple of meets both the boys were on the same 4x1 team and that was so neat for both of them! They did really well too, they are a fast team!

We sure enjoying watching them too. Track is very different than the other sports they do (football and basketball) because they basically are just trying to beat their own personal record, which they refer to as PR. If they get 4th place in the race, but they PR'd in their event they are excited and happy. I like it that is so fun to watch, but it is more laid back than the other sports.

I'll be posting pictures later in the season of them running in their events.

I have today off and I am going to RELAX and have a ME day. Of course, I still need to clean my house, take care of paperwork, emails and phone calls and I'm hosting the Grad Party Committee meeting tonight in my home! I am still hoping to be able to relax and have a quiet day though. I have been going full speed for many weeks and I am close to burn-out. I hope that all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." I Corinthians 9:24

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I love how your boys are so athletic! They sure keep you busy with all the sports events! :o)

I hope you have a great day off & that it will be as relaxing as possible. Sometimes easier said than done. And please don't let yourself get burned out!

Sending hugs,
Mardell

grey like snuffie said...

Praying He multiplies your time today...to accomplish what needs to be done.

Mary Anne said...

Enjoy your day off;-) Hope you get lots done and are still able to relax some too!

Blessings!

Theresa said...

Sharon,
I am so happy that you are back on your blog sharing with all of us.
I really enjoy your blog, I have 4
teenage grandchildren and can relate to some of your blogs.
I am the reader with a daughter name Sharon (she has 2 teenage boy). You can see why I like to read each day. Good luck today, life sure keeps us busy, but enjoy every moment with these boys. When they are grown and away from home, you will really miss all the
fun time together. After a few years, we were blessed with these 4wonderful grandchildren, so life
became busier and more fun again.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so impressed with your boys and how talented and athletic they are.

I hope you have a wonderful day off today. Love you, Kathi

PamperingBeki said...

What fun!

I'm excited for the day my kids do high school activities. I'm a bit scared of all the other challenges that come with raising a teen though. :)

anna said...

I have just visited your blog. You have a very beautiful family.Kisses from Italy.

TattingChic said...

You must be so proud of your boys. :)

Anonymous said...

My boys also are the track team at their JC. I'm so glad they have stuck with a sport. They also were three sport kids, although it was cross country, skiing, and track, pretty much all personal competitive sports. I do enjoy watching them use the skills God has given them, they pole vault and run the 400.
Enjoy your day and get recharged in the Lord. Carrie P

Farrah said...

Hey Sharon! Just stopping by to say hey and let you know I"m thinking about you. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...