Friday, April 24, 2009

Busy Day!


Brent and Adrian working the tree booth

My life has been on ludicrous speed lately! I work 24 hours a week at my job and that's where I go to rest!!! This is a small example of what I have been doing lately on my day's off. This particular day was a Saturday a couple of weeks ago. I got up early and got all showered and ready for the day. I had to be at the bank parking lot by 8:00 sharp! You see, I am on the 2009 Grad Party Committee and we are earning money to send our kids on a fabulous all night, safe & secure and alcohol & drug free party on graduation night. We are doing all kinds of fundraising as we need to earn about $11,000.00! On this morning we had a tree sale!


My sweet husband used his connections to get 960 Japanese maple trees donated to our cause! We sold them for $2.00 each! They came in these giant bags. They are just sticks now, but they will grow into beautiful trees! This was a great fundraising idea!

At the beginning of the year I said, "I'm not going to be on this committee because I have been on so many other committees and I have helped enough with Grayson's class over the years, I'm going to let some other folks step up to the plate and do it."

Well you guessed it......I caved and went to one meeting in January. I said, "I'll just go to a few meetings and I'm not going to raise my hand to do anything!" Well, you guessed again........some how between then and now the meetings are held at my house and I'm the secretary typing up the minutes and sending out all the correspondence! Oh well, I am really enjoying it. It is so rewarding to know I'm doing this for my son, but also the other parents are so nice and fun! If you don't volunteer at your kid's school, I highly recommend it as it is a great way to connect with other parents and make friends, as well as be involved in your child's school!

We had our coffee and it was a gorgeous morning! We sold about 700 trees! That brought in $1400.00!!!!

Sharon, Kim and Brent coloring the poster
Half way through the morning we realized we needed better signs, so Kim (the gal in the yellow coat) ran home and found some poster paper and some felt pens. I quickly drew up the poster and we all filled the letters in with the colored ink pens. We made three giant signs and hung them on the sides of the pop up tent.

It was a fun morning. At 9:30 though, I had to jump in my car and head for the to the next destination.

I had to be at the church at 10:00 for a ladies ministry meeting. Our church is trying to create a new Women's Ministry team and I wanted to be a part of it. These are the women who sat at my table. We had such a lovely conversation. We just moved to this church in the fall, so I am quite eager to meet new friends! The Lord certainly blessed me with the ladies at my table!

We did lots of brain storming and came up with a mission statement. We also came up with all kinds of ideas on ways we can minister to the women in the church as well as the whole body and the community.

Here's another table of wonderful women. Our pastor's wife is in the center in the yellow sweater. Her name is Kim. She is a wonderful woman of God!

They served us a very lovely lunch. One of the women at church owns a catering company and she did all the food for us! Yummy!

The ladies meeting lasted until 1:00. After that was done I jumped in my car and headed over to Mackenzie and Brittany's home. I wanted to see their new red cabinet and their new red wall! We had such a fun visit. I have been so blessed by my son and his wife! The Lord has answered all of my prayers! They are so in love and so happy and their home is so adorable! I love this new red wall and the red cabinet coordinates so well with it! I am so happy that they are doing so awesome!

After our visit Brittany and I went to Goodwill and had fun shopping. After that I headed home to be with my family (Eric and the boys were at the coast at a track meet all day) and I had to make my two salads for the Easter meal the next day. No wonder I'm always tired!!!

One day of being this busy is okay for me, but when all of my days off are this full over a two month period, that is just nuts! I know many of you have days off just like this, the key is we need to keep our lives balanced and make sure that we are spending our devotional time with the Lord to fill us back up after we give so much of ourselves to other things. My sweet sister, Kathi, pointed out that over the past several months my output has been greater than my input and I was getting burnt out. I am feeling so much better now though and I am so thankful for that! I need to make my time with the Lord a priority! What a difference it makes in my day to start off with prayer and Bible reading!

I hope that all of you have wonderful weekends!

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." Colossians 3:23

God bless you!

Sharon

9 comments:

Faye said...

SHARON WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST.THANK-U FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!LOVE IN CHRIST! FAYE

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, what a busy day...but very rewarding and worthwhile. Have a happy weekend..hugs, Linda

Mary Anne said...

Wow, Sharon! What a busy day. Sounds like a fun one too;-)

Also, wanted to let you know that Brittany nominated me for an award and I nominated you;-) Come over to Marigold Manor to check it out when you get a minute.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Wow, you made me tired!!! But what a wonderful, full, exciting life you have! I cannot believe you were selling those trees for only $2.00!!! That is incredible!!! I hope the people realized what a bargain it was!! Enjoy your weekend, hopefully you'll get to slow down some and relax and rest!!

Heather said...

ooh i would have bought one of those trees from you! the ladies ministry tea looked like a lot of fun. I love your son & daughter in love's wood/pellet stove. i wish we had one!

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... I just got done reading 'n catching up with you again! Indeed, you've been one very busy Lady... I stopped by Kathi's, and was glad to hear that y'all were able to spend some nice sister time together... that's a true blessing! I hope you're enjoying your "new" Church, and that all's going well for you...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

Kathi said...

Sharon, You amaze me. I'm proud of you. I think you do a fine job of balancing. I need to follow my own advice too. There's no other way, but to put Jesus first. I look forward to seeing you today. Love, Kathi

Dana said...

Sometimes staying busy is a good thing. I know when I have nothing to do I start to think bad about myself and get sad. Wish I was closer, I would have bought some tree's:)

Brittany said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with the women at the church! It was fun for you to stop by as well, and see the house! Hope you're having a great day! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...