Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Book Sale!

Our little local library had their annual book sale a few weeks ago. This sale makes me salivate!
It was so fun this year because my son, Cameron, wanted to go with me. He loves books, especially fantasy.
The prices are awesome; $2.00 for hardback, $1.00 for paperback, .20 cents for magazines, .50 cents for VHS movies and $1.00 for DVDs.
We had such a great time.
We were there for probably an hour.
There were so many books to choose from! It was really fun!
By the time we got out of there, I had purchased all of these books. I paid just $19.00 for the lot of them! See all those magazines piled in the back on the left? They are all Country Home and Country magazines that are from the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009, so they are very current. I added up the cover price on them and if I purchased them all at the store I would have paid $96.00, but I got them all for only $3.00! Score! I love having a little stockpile of decorating magazines to take with me on long drives, camping, to the pool or to the lake.
I found several really good movies. The Lord blessed me with such awesome deals!
I found these darling books. They are all part of a set and they are beautiful devotionals with wonderful illustrations. They are in perfect condition. This is one of my favorites of the day. It is an novel from 1902. I think the cover is fabulous with the happy housewife busy baking bread in her cozy kitchen. I love old books that have beautiful artwork on their covers. Isn't the title amazing...Donuts and Diplomas.....how cute! I displayed this new book in my kitchen.
This is my all time favorite find of the day. It is an old children's book called Oliver Optic's Annual.
It is from 1887!
It is full of wonderful children's stories and poems.
It also has marvelous illustrations!
Oh how I love these old pictures! This book only cost me $2.00!
This is the back cover. Isn't he a fine looking young man! What a wonderful time we had and what wonderful bargains we found! I love our little town and our little library sale!

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but an encouraging word makes it glad." Proverbs 12:25

Hugs, Sharon

17 comments:

mardell said...

Good morning Sharon! I'm so happy you turned your comments back on! Well, my goodness, you really can find the bargains, can't you?! :o) I've never been to a book sale, but now I really want to! You really scored some goodies. I love the old books too. I'm itching for yard sales to begin! Love your post on the needlework collection ~ so beautiful. You mother's bunny is adorable. My son is 4 and I can't imagine him doing something like that!

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Mardell

Heather said...

great finds! ella and i also checked out our library book sale this past weekend. we were able to come home with a lot too! very exciting!

Lille meg said...

You have been lucky! So many books for a small price! I am sure they are worth to be read. Here is lots of books. Interesting.
Happy easter to you!:)

Brenda Eason said...

Oh my I would go nuts! We went to salvation ary and bought books yesterday. Addicted.

grey like snuffie said...

Happy Dance! I knew someone who would take old books like the Oliver Optic's Annual and set it in the middle of a wreath and decorate around the theme of the book...wonderful wall wreaths.

Amy said...

Oliver Optic's Annual looks like it would have been my favorite find too! What sweet pictures! Looks like you had a great day with great deals!

Rosemary said...

oh sharon, how fun! OUr library has those sales, and i never knew they had vintage books too! I need to attend one!

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Seems like you were able to get a good assortment of things!! I don't think our library ever does that!! Enjoy your new treasures!

Mary Anne said...

Wow, Sharon, what neat bargains you found;-) I *LOVE* books, especially children's books.

Have a great day.

Blessings,

Mary Anne

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Hi Sharon,
I love old books and it looks like you found some great ones!! I love to read and most of all look at the pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Wishing you and your family the most blessed and happy Easter.
Sue

Sweet Nothings said...

You turned your comments back on!

You really got a steal on all those books! Thanks so much for my magazines! :)

Love you!

Monica said...

We just had a huge book sale too and I was going to blog about it but didn't take any pictures so maybe next year!I love going to book sales too and I always take my kids with me.The prices are about the same here but I especially love the last day of the book sale cause everything is half off!

jAne said...

Oh my goodness what a treasure-load of books, etc.!!! I zoned right it on the vintage book entitled Doughnuts & Diplomas. I *love* vintage books and have a nice collection but am always on the lookout for more. :o)

jAne said...

Oh my goodness, I just *had* to come back and share this with you, Sharon. Seems that your new book, Doughnuts & Diplomas, is a high end item on Amazon...to the tune of $62! Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000C5900O/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1239287783&sr=8-1&condition=used

jAne

http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! Long time no talk! I hope that you are having a lovely spring season and I hope you have a joyful Easter!

Hugs, Sharon

Sharon said...

Jane,
That is so exciting about my book!!! I love it when I get excellent deals like that! Thanks for looking that up!

:0) Sharon

Karla Dornacher said...

Hi Sharon... wow... you scored!! Love vintage books! Becky from "Just Bee 'n Me" sent me over to see the books you bought because the three devotional books you got are mine!! I do hope you enjoy them and that God uses them to encourage and bless your heart! Love and hugs...

Karla Dornacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...